Jan 21, 2019 / 21:07

Hanoi to grow more trees and flowers

The Hanoitimes - Hanoi`s mayor proposed to grow more trees with suitable varieties and different kinds of flowers all year round.

Hanoi needs to grow more trees and flowers so that it will become a city with four flower-blooming seasons, said Chairman of the Hanoi People's Committee Nguyen Duc Chung at the stocktaking conference recently held by Hanoi Green Park Limited Company.
 
Chairman of the Hanoi People's Committee Nguyen Duc Chung makes speech at the conference. Photo: Zing
Chairman of the Hanoi People's Committee Nguyen Duc Chung makes speech at the conference. Photo: Zing
Chairman Chung valued the company’s achievements and results over the last three years. He praised the program of planting one million trees, which has resulted from great effort of all the company’s staff.

The chairman proposed to grow more trees with suitable varieties and different kinds of flowers all year round.


Chung also noted that before thinking about cutting down and removing trees, the city’s authority must have a plan to replenish and replace them. In this way, it is possible to create consensus among the people.

For his part, Chairman and CEO of Hanoi Green Tree Ltd.Co Vu Kien Trung said the rate of surviving trees accounts for 95%, the remaining 5% failed to grow due to bad soil and weather conditions. In the period of 2019-2020, the company continues to plant more than 600,000 green trees in urban areas.