Hanoi to host serial activities to honor Vietnamese ethnic groups’ cultural quintessence
The Hanoitimes - The event introduces several folk dances, folk singing, cuisines, and local products, which show the Vietnamese ethnic groups’ cultures and customs.
A series of activities themed “Great unity of Vietnamese ethnic groups’ cultural quintessence – Vietnamese Cultural Heritage” is taking place at Vietnam National Village for Ethnic Culture and Tourism in Son Tay town, Hanoi from now on to November 30, Dan Sinh newspaper reported.
The event introduces several folk dances, folk singing, cuisines, and local products, which show the Vietnamese ethnic groups’ cultures and customs. The activities are expected to create a tourism destination that can attract more visitors and promote the village’s tourism products.
The highlight of the cultural activities is the art program titled “The legend of the buckwheat blossom” jointly held by Viet Bac Arts and Culture College and the ethnic groups. The buckwheat is a close and popular blossom to the Northern highland regions.
The program will introduce to audiences the story of the blossom and the colors of highlands culture as well as some songs praising the friendship and traditional relations among Vietnam’s 54 ethnic groups.
The locals of Mong, Dao and Tay ethnic groups will introduce their cultures and cuisines with the tastes of the highlands in the space of ethnic villages.
- Hanoi hosts expo to mark President Ho Chi Minh’s birthday
- Series of New Year festivals suspended due to coronavirus epidemic
- Bidding farewell to the Kitchen Gods, Vietnamese people offer them red carps
- “Balade en France” – French cuisine festival in the heart of Hanoi
- Vietnamese traditional Tet recreated in Hanoi’s Old Quarter
- First-ever folk culture festival to be held in downtown Hanoi
- International Food Festival: Where warm hearts shine
- Upland market recreated in Hanoi to welcome new year
- World-famous French wine Beaujolais Nouveau 2019 to be held in Hanoi
- Hanoi to host serial activities to honor Vietnamese ethnic groups’ cultural quintessence
Hanoi Old Quarter tinged with spectacular reddish hues during Mid-Autumn Festival
Dragon Dance Festival to return to Hanoi next month
Vietnam, foreign experts to discuss how to build Hanoi into UNESCO Creative City
What’s behind the Mekong-US Partnership?
Apple partner Pegatron mulls US$1-billion investment in hi-tech projects in Vietnam
Hanoi’s weekend pedestrian streets allowed to reopen from September 18
European investors propose US$1 billion logistics project in Vietnam
Vietnam says ASEAN doesn’t want to get trapped between competition of major powers
Vietnam launches advisory message to prevent Covid-19 spread