Hanoi to strengthen maintenance of fire safety systems at apartment buildings
At a press conference chaired by the Hanoi Party Committee’s Commission for Information and Education on April 12, the Hanoi Fire Fighting and Prevention Police Department said the department will increase the maintenance of fire safety systems at apartment buildings from one to four times annually.
In addition, the police will step up inspections on fire and explosion prevention measures at industrial parks, craft villages, mall centres, markets, warehouses and ports.
The city police said they also hold classes on fire prevention and survival skills in narrow houses and high-rises.
Photo for illustration.
They are also appraised before and after construction and safety in residential buildings has improved in recent years but problems have still occurred during the operation of buildings, causing fire and explosion threats.
According to the statistics, in the first 3 months of this year, the city had 336 fires and one explosion, killing at least four and injuring 14 others. The accidents caused total losses of more than 7 billion VND. The police said they deployed measures to ensure the safety of events such as the Lunar New Year 2016, the 12th National Congress, held drills on rescue and evacuation and organised classes to equip participants with fire and explosion knowledge.
- [Infographic]Hanoi - twelve floral seasons - Part 2
- [Infographic]Hanoi - twelve floral seasons - Part 1
- [Infographic]How to celebrate Tet holiday safely in the pandemic
- 24k gold-plated tiger sculpture for Lunar New Year decoration
- Getting lost in the romantic Amaratoide flower field in Hanoi
- Christmas dining options in Hanoi
- First “touchless hotel” chain in Hanoi debuts
- Idyllic Hanoi streets in Marguerite daisy season
- Top romantic destinations for women in Hanoi
- The Spanish designer with great love for Hanoi passes away
Dream of a riverside city
SEA Games 31: Vietnam end group stage without conceding a goal
Hanoi promotes tourism among visitors attending SEA Games 31
FPT opens new office in New York, 10th in US
Vietnam’s e-commerce: driver for economic recovery in post-Covid-19
Vietnam, Qualcomm boost cooperation for 5G development
SEA Games 31 delegates get free Hanoi Bus Tour
Vietnamese PM meets American giant corporations in Washington
EC recognizes Vietnam's Covid-19 digital certificates