Hanoi acts to prevent price surge in the days prior to Tet holiday
The Hanoitimes - The Hanoi Department of Industry and Trade will organize 300 mobile sales sessions and Vietnamese goods fairs to support businesses to expand distribution networks in the city.
Hanoi will ensure supply and demand of food and other commodities in order to keep the prices stable in the days prior to Tet holidays, Deputy Director of the municipal Department of Industry and Trade Tran Thi Phuong Lan said at a press conference on December 24.
|Deputy Director of the Hanoi Department of Industry and Trade Tran Thi Phuong Lan speaks at the press conference. Photo: HNM|
Lan said that the city has calculated the value of essential commodities supplied to the markets in the two months before Tet holiday reached about VND31,200 billion (US$1.35 billion), exceeding the plan by about 10%.
“All businesses have plans to increase the supply of essential goods for the Tet holiday 2020, with an average rise of 7 - 25% year-on-year. Besides pork, other essential commodities are also abundant, meeting the people’s needs. Some 23 businesses participating in the program of keeping the prices stable have registered the amount of supplies in the two months prior to Tet holiday with a total value of over VND121,000 billion (US$5.235 billion),” Lan said.
Moreover, the Department of Industry and Trade will organize 300 mobile sales sessions and Vietnamese goods fairs to support businesses to expand distribution networks in the city.
Besides, the department will organize activities of connecting supply and demand with the departments of industry and trade nationwide to ensure food supply for Hanoi.
- A look at nearly complete modern ring road in Hanoi
- Hanoi mayor suspended from duties for involving in criminal cases
- Over 80% enterprises in Hanoi register for e-invoicing
- Hanoi to provide electric tourist car services at 8 locations
- Hanoi to quarantine nearly 1,000 people evacuated from Danang
- Health ministry checks two high-risk hospitals in Hanoi
- Hanoi to complete Covid-19 test for 75,000 returnees from Danang by August 20
- Hanoi rushes to test all returnees from Danang soon
- Hanoi mayor requests 'absolute safety' for national high school exams amid Covid-19 outbreak
- Hanoi among leading localities having users of contact tracing app Bluezone
A look at nearly complete modern ring road in Hanoi
Vietnamese consumers prefer using cashless payments
Vietnam infrastructure market among most diverse competitive landscapes in SE Asia
Vietnam’s unprecedented 2020 national high school exam
Vietnam stock market needs upgrading to emerging status soon: PM
ASEAN Summit in Hanoi expected to boost intra-regional economic links
Hanoi works closely with ADB to ensure progress of urban infrastructure projects
Vietnam Airlines retakes Jetstar Pacific from Qantas
Hanoi strives to ensure safe and stable investment environment for investors