Feb 27, 2021 / 19:08

Hanoi youths set off for military service

Due to serious Covid-19 conditions, local authorities have cooperated closely with the Hanoi Capital Command to ensure safety for this year’s see-off ceremonies, said a general of the Hanoi Capital Command.

Thirty districts in Hanoi this morning held ceremonies to see off over 4,500 Hanoi youth for military service. The number of conscripted youths this year is higher than the figure of last year.

 Secretary of the Hanoi Party Committee Vuong Dinh Hue encourages newly-recruited soldiers at Dong Anh district before joining military units.
 Vice Secretary of the Hanoi Party Committee Nguyen Thi Tuyen at a see-off ceremony in Thanh Tri district.
 Chairman of the Hanoi People’s Committee Chu Ngoc Anh gifts flowers to young soldiers at Chuong My district.
 Chairman of the Hanoi People’s Council Nguyen Ngoc Tuan attends the farewell ceremony to young soldiers at Ba Dinh district.
 Vice Secretary of the Hanoi Party Committee Nguyen Van Phong at a similar ceremony at Me Linh district.
 All newly-recruited soldiers are required to go through a medical checkup.
 Checking body temperature for families of young soldiers at farewell ceremonies.
 Major General Bui Trong Quynh, deputy commander of the Hanoi Capital High Command, said all youths joining the army this year meet health and education level requirements.
 “Due to serious Covid-19 conditions, local authorities have cooperated closely with the Hanoi Capital Command to ensure safety for this year’s farewell ceremonies,” said Quynh.
 Military service is compulsory for Vietnamese men from 18-25 years of age (extended to 27 for those applying for a delay to pursue higher education degrees).
 Young soldiers at Chuong My district.
 Newly-recruited soldiers in Hanoi wave goodbye to their families.
 Families and friends of soldiers bid farewell to their sons.