Hanoi’s air quality index on week days: Mostly at bad levels
The Hanoitimes - Hanoi’s air quality index (AQI) measured at 10 monitoring stations in the city ranged from 65 to 220.
Air quality in Hanoi during the week ended November 30 at many automatic monitoring stations was mostly at the bad level and negatively affected human health, according to the Agency of Environmental Protection (EAP).
Air quality index (AQI) at the monitoring stations. Data: AEP
The agency said that Hanoi’s air quality index (AQI) measured at 10 monitoring stations in the city ranged from 65 to 220. The AQI during the week tended to worsen compared to the previous week. Almost all weekdays had AQI at average, bad and very bad levels. No day had the AQI at the good level (green).
Monitoring stations such as Trung Yen 3, Kim Lien, Tan Mai, My Dinh and Tay Mo reported that air quality in the week worsened significantly compared to the previous week.
Percentage of days with air quality at different levels. Data: AEP
At two traffic monitoring points in Minh Khai and Pham Van Dong wards, which usually see heavy traffic, in the week, the AQI was at the bad level in 3/7 week days, and was recorded at very bad and unhealthy level for the rest (4/7 days). The highest readings at Minh Khai and Pham Van Dong stations were 220 and 214, respectively.
It can be seen that air quality and weather conditions during the week are closely correlated. It was mostly dry, less windy, the large difference in day and night temperature was detrimental to the diffusion of pollutants in the air, leading to the AQI hitting the bad level which adversely affects local residents’ health.
The EAP recommended that Hanoi’s residents should follow air quality information where they are living and working before going out to prevent diseases.
|Data: AEP. Table: Anh Kiet|
- Hanoi takes concrete actions to tap its soft power potential: Mayor
- Hanoi adopts plan to ensure traffic safety during upcoming Tet holiday
- Severe air pollution persists in Hanoi
- Hanoi encourages craft villages to apply new technologies
- Hanoi to build ten more bypasses for pedestrians
- Hanoi’s air quality on December 12 morning remains unhealthy
- Hanoi aims to excel in socio-economic performance in 2016 – 2020: Mayor
- 80% of online public services in Hanoi available at advanced stages
- Japan’s JEBO apologizes for misunderstanding Hanoi mayor’s statement
- Sumitomo wants to speed up smart city project in Hanoi
Vietnam, US hold defense policy dialogue in Washington DC
Vietnam prioritizes oil and gas cooperation with Russia: PM
Actions advised for Vietnam to lure investors amid energy crunch
Hanoi takes concrete actions to tap its soft power potential: Mayor
China risks flare-up over Vietnamese gas resources: CSIS
Japan Maritime Self-Defense Force calls for stronger ties with Vietnam
First-ever folk culture festival to be held in downtown Hanoi
Hanoi aims to excel in socio-economic performance in 2016 – 2020: Mayor