Hanoi’s air quality markedly improved on November 14
The Hanoitimes - Hanoi’s air quality index (AQI) measured at 10 monitoring stations in the city was in the range of from 42 to 84.
Air quality in the latest 24 hours in Hanoi has been mostly at the average level and markedly improved, according to the Hanoi Agency of Environmental Protection (AEP).
On November 14 afternoon, the AEP said that Hanoi’s air quality index (AQI) measured at 10 monitoring stations in the city was in the range of from 42 to 84.
The AQI at some monitoring stations stayed at the good level, thanks to the influence of cold air, rain and strong winds the night before.
In recent days, the capital city’s air quality has been mostly at the bad level and harmful to human health. Up to now, there have been significant improvements, the AQI at most monitoring stations in Hanoi today was better than that on November 13.
The highest readings recorded at Pham Van Dong (84) and Hang Dau (81). Other areas had AQI below 50 such as Tay Mo, Tan Mai, Kim Lien.
The AEP recommended that Hanoi’s residents should follow air quality information where they are living and working before going out to prevent diseases.
Besides, sensitive groups including children, the elderly and people with respiratory diseases should limit their time outdoors.
When travelling on roads, people need to strictly follow traffic laws to reduce traffic congestion. The Hanoi police should strengthen traffic regulation in some areas with high traffic density such as Pham Van Dong, Hang Dau, Minh Khai, among others.
- Hanoi buries electrical and telecommunications cables on 140 streets
- F1 race could take place in Hanoi this November
- US looks to further boost comprehensive partnership with Hanoi: Ambassador
- Hanoi plants around 67,700 trees in H1
- Hanoi to tap into domestic market to achieve socio-economic targets for 2020
- Hanoi shakes hands with provinces to stimulate domestic tourism
- Hanoi considers economic recovery a priority in H2
- Hanoi needs to speed up five key transport projects: Municipal Party chief
- Hanoi urged to stay active in attracting multinationals: Expert
- Hanoi’s special finance-budget mechanism to take effect from August 15
US looks to further boost comprehensive partnership with Hanoi: Ambassador
F1 race could take place in Hanoi this November
Trees embellish and refreshen Hanoi
Japan thanks Vietnam for accommodating warship plane
ASEAN Summit in Hanoi expected to boost intra-regional economic links
Hanoi works closely with ADB to ensure progress of urban infrastructure projects
Vietnam Airlines retakes Jetstar Pacific from Qantas
Hanoi strives to ensure safe and stable investment environment for investors
Removal of permanent residency requirement to pressurize Hanoi's budget