Hanoi’s air quality on December 5 improves considerably
The Hanoitimes - Hanoi’s air quality index (AQI) measured at 10 monitoring stations in the city was in the range of from 75 to 108.
Air quality in the latest 24 hours in Hanoi has been mostly at the average level and improved markedly, according to the Hanoi Agency of Environmental Protection (AEP).
Data: AEP. Graphic: Anh Kiet
On December 5, the AEP said that Hanoi’s air quality index (AQI) measured at 10 monitoring stations in the city was in the range of from 75 to 108.
The AQI at almost monitoring stations stayed at the average level, much lower than the readings in the previous day.
In recent days, the capital city’s air quality has been mostly at the bad level. Up to now, there have been significant improvements and today’s AQI was better than yesterday’s.
| Data: AEP. Table: Anh Kiet|
The highest readings recorded at Pham Van Dong (108) and Hang Dau (106), Minh Khai (104). Other areas had AQI below 85 such as Tay Mo (83), Tan Mai (79), Kim Lien (75).
The AEP recommended that Hanoi’s residents should follow air quality information where they are living and working before going out to prevent diseases.
Besides, sensitive groups including children, the elderly and people with respiratory diseases should limit their time outdoors.
When travelling on roads, people need to strictly follow traffic laws to reduce traffic congestion. The Hanoi police should strengthen traffic regulation in some areas with high traffic density such as Pham Van Dong, Hang Dau, Minh Khai, among others.
- Hanoi strives to plant 200,000-250,000 new trees
- Hanoians able to breathe fresh air on fourth day of Tet
- HCMC and Hanoi remain most dynamic cities worldwide
- Year of the Rat sets foot in Vietnam; joyful Tet celebrations across nation
- Unlike ordinary days, Hanoi turns tranquil on last day of the Year of the Pig
- Hanoi streets decorated stunningly for Lunar New Year festival 2020
- Life gets back to normal in Dong Tam after deadly clash
- Hanoi mayor presents gifts to parishioners
- Hanoi to build 500 new bus stops
- Hanoi’s air quality still bad as Tet nears
Vietnam sets up task force to handle deadly Wuhan coronavirus
Hanoians enjoy meaningful cultural activities on Tet
Vietnam stands by China in coping with nCoV: PM
Vietnamese aviation market experiences competition rage
Hanoi strives to plant 200,000-250,000 new trees
Wuhan coronavirus could negatively affect Vietnam's economy: Fitch
Tet in a Hanoi family: Out with the old, in with the new
Mexican Ambassador to Vietnam: Our peoples share basic values
Hanoi streets decorated stunningly for Lunar New Year festival 2020