Hanoi’s air quality on December 5 improves considerably
The Hanoitimes - Hanoi’s air quality index (AQI) measured at 10 monitoring stations in the city was in the range of from 75 to 108.
Air quality in the latest 24 hours in Hanoi has been mostly at the average level and improved markedly, according to the Hanoi Agency of Environmental Protection (AEP).
Data: AEP. Graphic: Anh Kiet
On December 5, the AEP said that Hanoi’s air quality index (AQI) measured at 10 monitoring stations in the city was in the range of from 75 to 108.
The AQI at almost monitoring stations stayed at the average level, much lower than the readings in the previous day.
In recent days, the capital city’s air quality has been mostly at the bad level. Up to now, there have been significant improvements and today’s AQI was better than yesterday’s.
| Data: AEP. Table: Anh Kiet|
The highest readings recorded at Pham Van Dong (108) and Hang Dau (106), Minh Khai (104). Other areas had AQI below 85 such as Tay Mo (83), Tan Mai (79), Kim Lien (75).
The AEP recommended that Hanoi’s residents should follow air quality information where they are living and working before going out to prevent diseases.
Besides, sensitive groups including children, the elderly and people with respiratory diseases should limit their time outdoors.
When travelling on roads, people need to strictly follow traffic laws to reduce traffic congestion. The Hanoi police should strengthen traffic regulation in some areas with high traffic density such as Pham Van Dong, Hang Dau, Minh Khai, among others.
- A bird’s eye view of Hanoi’s five nearly-completed traffic projects
- Cultural resources are soft power in Hanoi's creative city development strategy
- Dragon Dance Festival to return to Hanoi next month
- Vietnam, foreign experts to discuss how to build Hanoi into UNESCO Creative City
- Hanoi disallows begging, tourist harassment in downtown pedestrian streets
- Hanoi to kick off tunnel construction at busy intersection
- Hanoi economy continues to improve despite Covid-19 pandemic
- Hanoi has new mayor
- Five Hanoi streets closed to traffic for Mid-Autumn Festival
- UN and SOVICO help develop Hanoi into creative city
A bird’s eye view of Hanoi’s five nearly-completed traffic projects
Effective reform efforts to help Vietnam become high-income country by 2045: WB
Overview on Vietnam LNG projects
Vietnam trade surplus expands to nearly US$17 billion in 9-month
Apple partner Pegatron mulls US$1-billion investment in hi-tech projects in Vietnam
Hanoi’s weekend pedestrian streets allowed to reopen from September 18
European investors propose US$1 billion logistics project in Vietnam
Vietnam says ASEAN doesn’t want to get trapped between competition of major powers
Vietnam launches advisory message to prevent Covid-19 spread