Hanoi: Air quality becomes very bad in some locations
The Hanoitimes - Hanoi’s air quality index (AQI) measured at 10 monitoring stations in the city was mostly at the bad and very bad level.
Air quality in the latest 24 hours in Hanoi hit the very bad level and was harmful to human health, according to the Hanoi Agency of Environmental Protection (AEP).
On November 10 afternoon, the AEP said that Hanoi’s air quality index (AQI) measured at 10 monitoring stations in the city was in the range of from 159 to 241.
It can be seen that Hanoi’s air quality did not improve at the weekend, the index increased sharply with the highest readings recorded at Minh Khai (241), Hang Dau (231), and Pham Van Dong (229).
Other areas had AQI below 200 such as Thanh Cong, Trung Yen 3, Hoan Kiem, My Dinh. The area with the lowest reading was Tan Mai (159).
The AEP recommended that Hanoi’s residents should follow air quality information where they are living and working before going out to prevent diseases.
Besides, sensitive groups including children, the elderly and people with respiratory diseases should limit their time outdoors.
When travelling on roads, people need to strictly follow traffic laws to reduce traffic congestion.
The Hanoi police should strengthen traffic regulation in some areas with high traffic density such as Pham Van Dong, Hang Dau, Minh Khai, among others.
In suburban areas, people need to reduce burning waste and agricultural by-products.
- Hanoi adopts plan to ensure traffic safety during upcoming Tet holiday
- Severe air pollution persists in Hanoi
- Hanoi encourages craft villages to apply new technologies
- Hanoi to build ten more bypasses for pedestrians
- Hanoi’s air quality on December 12 morning remains unhealthy
- Hanoi aims to excel in socio-economic performance in 2016 – 2020: Mayor
- 80% of online public services in Hanoi available at advanced stages
- Japan’s JEBO apologizes for misunderstanding Hanoi mayor’s statement
- Sumitomo wants to speed up smart city project in Hanoi
- Hanoi’s air quality on December 10 morning still at unhealthy level
Actions advised for Vietnam to lure investors amid energy crunch
International Food Festival: Where warm hearts shine
Vietnam is serious about building attractive business environment: EuroCham
China risks flare-up over Vietnamese gas resources: CSIS
Japan Maritime Self-Defense Force calls for stronger ties with Vietnam
First-ever folk culture festival to be held in downtown Hanoi
Hanoi aims to excel in socio-economic performance in 2016 – 2020: Mayor