Hanoi’s air quality on November 18 improves considerably
The Hanoitimes - Hanoi’s air quality index (AQI) measured at 10 monitoring stations in the city was in the range of from 51 to 80.
Air quality in the latest 24 hours in Hanoi has been mostly at the average level and markedly improved, according to the Hanoi Agency of Environmental Protection (AEP).
|Data: AEP. Graphic: Anh Kiet|
On November 18, the AEP said that Hanoi’s air quality index (AQI) measured at 10 monitoring stations in the city was in the range of from 51 to 80.
The AQI at all 10 monitoring stations stayed at the average level, winds helped the AQI drop by 30-40 compared to the latest 24 hours.
In recent days, the capital city’s air quality has been mostly at the bad level and harmful to human health. Up to now, there have been significant improvements, the AQI at almost all monitoring stations in Hanoi on November 18 was better than a day earlier.
|Data: AEP. Table: Anh Kiet|
The highest readings recorded at Pham Van Dong (80) and Hang Dau (78), Minh Khai (76). Other areas had AQI below 60 such as Tay Mo (56), Tan Mai (53), Kim Lien (51).
The AEP still recommended that Hanoi’s residents should follow air quality information where they are living and working before going out to prevent diseases.
Besides, sensitive groups including children, the elderly and people with respiratory diseases should limit their time outdoors.
When travelling on roads, people need to strictly follow traffic laws to reduce traffic congestion. The Hanoi police should strengthen traffic regulation in some areas with high traffic density such as Pham Van Dong, Hang Dau, Minh Khai, among others.
- Hanoi’s air quality on December 12 morning remains unhealthy
- Hanoi aims to excel in socio-economic performance in 2016 – 2020: Mayor
- 80% of online public services in Hanoi available at advanced stages
- Japan’s JEBO apologizes for misunderstanding Hanoi mayor’s statement
- Sumitomo wants to speed up smart city project in Hanoi
- Hanoi’s air quality on December 10 morning still at unhealthy level
- Hanoi ranked second nationwide in number of enterprises
- WB willing to support Vietnam in climate change response and environmental protection
- Half of Hanoi’s AQI readings on December 9 at unhealthy level
- Hanoi’s air quality worsens to very bad level
Hanoi aims to excel in socio-economic performance in 2016 – 2020: Mayor
80% of online public services in Hanoi available at advanced stages
Sumitomo wants to speed up smart city project in Hanoi
Despite overall optimism, health remains top concern of Vietnamese consumers
Vietnam football dream comes true with “Vietnamese spirit”: Coach
Hanoi hospital downplays HIV test strip scandal
ADB revises up Vietnam’s GDP growth forecast amid dim outlook for Asia
Why foreign tourists hesitate to spend big in Vietnam?