Hanoi’s air quality on November 7: Still at bad level
The Hanoitimes - Hanoi’s air quality index (AQI) measured at 10 monitoring stations in the city was mostly at the bad level.
Air quality in the latest 24 hours at many automatic monitoring stations in Hanoi has been still at the bad level and harmful to human health, according to the Hanoi Agency of Environmental Protection (AEP).
On November 7 afternoon, the AEP said that Hanoi’s air quality index (AQI) measured at 10 monitoring stations in the city was mostly at the bad level. The index ranged from 136 to 197.
Compared to air quality a day earlier, Hanoi’s AQI did not improve, the index on November 7 in the city is even higher, the highest ones are recorded at Minh Khai (197), Pham Van Dong (186), and Hang Dau (187).
Other areas had AQI below 180 such as Thanh Cong, Trung Yen 3, Hoan Kiem, My Dinh.
The AEP recommended that Hanoi’s residents should follow air quality information where they are living and working before going out to prevent diseases.
Besides, sensitive groups including children, the elderly and people with respiratory diseases should limit their time outdoors.
When travelling on roads, people need to strictly follow traffic laws to reduce traffic congestion.
The Hanoi police should strengthen traffic regulation in some areas with high traffic density such as Pham Van Dong, Hang Dau, Minh Khai, among others.
In suburban areas, people need to reduce burning waste and agricultural by-products.
- Hanoi’s air quality back to unhealthy level on November 15
- Hanoi launches action month for gender equality
- Hanoi to host series of activities to celebrate Cultural Heritage Day
- Hanoi’s air quality markedly improved on November 14
- South Korea proposes cooperation with Hanoi in host of fields
- Hanoi seeks comment on plan to revive polluted river with river water
- Hanoi mayor’s visit opens up cooperation opportunities with Israeli and British partners
- Hanoi’s air quality on November 13: Mostly at unhealthy level
- Hanoi’s air quality worsens to alarmingly unhealthy level
- Buses contribute to environmental protection and tourism development in Hanoi
The Travel lists Hanoi among ten places to visit in Vietnam
EC impressed with Vietnam’s efforts to address illegal fishing
Seven must-visit locations for coffee drinkers in Hanoi
Foreign businesses seek more revision of Vietnam’s investment policy
Hanoi to host series of activities to celebrate Cultural Heritage Day
Hanoi seeks comment on plan to revive polluted river with river water
Vietnam rejects China’s maritime claims in South China Sea