Hanoi’s air quality on November 8 remains bad
The Hanoitimes - Hanoi’s air quality index (AQI) measured at 10 monitoring stations in the city was mostly at the bad level.
Air quality in the latest 24 hours at many automatic monitoring stations in Hanoi has been still at the bad level and harmful to human health, according to the Hanoi Agency of Environmental Protection (AEP).
On November 8 afternoon, the AEP said that Hanoi’s air quality index (AQI) measured at 10 monitoring stations in the city was mostly at the bad level. The index ranged from 124 to 182.
Compared to air quality a day earlier, Hanoi’s AQI did not improve, the index has decreased but not significantly, the highest ones are recorded at Minh Khai (182), Pham Van Dong (180), and Hang Dau (181).
Other areas had AQI below 170 such as Thanh Cong, Trung Yen 3, Hoan Kiem, My Dinh. The area with the lowest AQI was Kim Lien (124).
The AEP recommended that Hanoi’s residents should follow air quality information where they are living and working before going out to prevent diseases.
Besides, sensitive groups including children, the elderly and people with respiratory diseases should limit their time outdoors.
When travelling on roads, people need to strictly follow traffic laws to reduce traffic congestion.
The Hanoi police should strengthen traffic regulation in some areas with high traffic density such as Pham Van Dong, Hang Dau, Minh Khai, among others.
In suburban areas, people need to reduce burning waste and agricultural by-products.
- Hanoi’s air quality worsens to alarmingly unhealthy level
- Buses contribute to environmental protection and tourism development in Hanoi
- Hanoi promotes multifaceted cooperation with Belgium’s Antwerp province
- Hanoi: Very bad air quality remains unchanged in some areas
- Hanoi: Air quality becomes very bad in some locations
- Hanoi’s bad air quality remains unchanged on November 9
- Hanoi's air quality adversely affects human health in recent days
- Hanoi hosts 2,500 cultural and art events annually
- Hanoi’s air quality on November 8 remains bad
- Hanoi’s air quality on November 7: Still at bad level
Vietnam parliament requests building law on expats
Hanoi promotes multifaceted cooperation with Belgium’s Antwerp province
Open mindset needed for public-private partnership law: PM
Hanoi’s air quality worsens to alarmingly unhealthy level
Vietnam’s IT gets golden chance from fresh investment wave
Vietnam gov’t insists on estimating trade deficit in 2020 after 4 years of surplus
Vietnam should be tougher in South China Sea issue: Int'l experts