First hospital in Hanoi to establish cardiovascular surgery department for children
The Hanoitimes - This is the first general hospital in both Hanoi and Vietnam to establish a heart and chest surgery department for children.
Hanoi’s E Hospital has just announced its decision to establish a cardiovascular surgery department for children under the hospital’s Heart Center, Hanoimoi reported.
This is the first general hospital in both Hanoi and Vietnam to establish a heart and chest surgery department for children.
Statistics of the Ministry of Health show that every year Vietnam has about 10,000-12,000 children with congenital heart disease but only 6,000-8,000 children undergo surgery.
It is worth mentioning that congenital heart disease accounts for 90% of the total cardiovascular diseases in children, of which up to 50% could not find the cause.
The Cardiovascular Surgery Department for children at E Hospital will help diagnose and treat complicated cardiovascular diseases in children. Currently, on average, the hospital’s Heart Center carries out surgery for about 1,000 cases every year.
The patients were a few-hour babies, day-old children, or even children with only 1.7kg. The success rate of cardiovascular surgeries was about 95%.
- Vietnam PM appoints acting health minister
- Coronavirus-stricken UK pilot in Vietnam to return home on July 12
- Suspected Indonesia national in Vietnam tests negative for coronavirus
- Vietnam to conduct human trial of Covid-19 vaccine
- British Covid-19 patient in Vietnam may return home on July 12
- UK ambassador thanks Vietnam for sparing no efforts to save British pilot
- Vietnam gains first success with home-made Covid-19 vaccine
- Vietnam reports three new imported coronavirus cases, tally rises to 352
- Vietnam hospital prepares to send British Covid-19 patient home
- British pilot in Vietnam no longer needs lung transplant
US committed to making US-Vietnam ties “a model of international cooperation and partnership”: Pompeo
US companies continue to see tremendous investment opportunities in Vietnam
Hanoi looks to boost potential of night economy
Vietnam commended for improving access to e-public services
ASEAN Summit in Hanoi expected to boost intra-regional economic links
Hanoi works closely with ADB to ensure progress of urban infrastructure projects
Vietnam Airlines retakes Jetstar Pacific from Qantas
Hanoi strives to ensure safe and stable investment environment for investors
Removal of permanent residency requirement to pressurize Hanoi's budget