Hanoi’s leaders join rice-growing season
The Hanoitimes - The leaders’ engagement in rice planting in the New Year is considered encouragement to local farmers.
Top leaders of Hanoi have gone down to paddy fields to wish local farmers a bumper crop on the occasion of the Lunar New Year.
Joining the season on the first days after Tet (Lunar New Year) is the century-long tradition of state and local leaders in Vietnam, where is famous for rice production with endless paddy fields.
There are two rice baskets namely the Mekong Delta and Red River Delta. Hanoi belongs to the Red River Delta.
In Vietnam, rice has long been a strategic crop for national food security and export. In 2020, the country reaped nearly US$3 billion from rice export.
|Secretary of the Hanoi Party Committee Vuong Dinh Hue joined the rice planting with farmers in Thach That District.|
|Chairman of the Hanoi People’s Committee Chu Ngoc Anh plants rice in Thach That.|
|Mr. Hue wishes local farmers a bumper crop.|
|Local authorities show the city's leaders a new variety of rice.|
|Mr. Hue and Mr. Ngoc Anh plant a tree.|
|Mr. Hue works with Thach That’s authorities.|
|Mr. Ngoc Anh works with the district government.|
|The leaders with local authorities. Photos: Thanh Hai/Kinhtedothi, Lao Dong, Ha Noi Moi|
- Vietnamese architect wins the 11th International Yuan Ye Architecture Awards
- Hanoi: Cinemas lack clients during the peak season
- A gentle Hanoi in the leaf-changing season
- A charming Hanoi in stunning beauty of Sua flowers
- The Black Virgin Mountain - a spiritual destination for Buddhist in Spring 2021
- Funeral of former Deputy PM Truong Vinh Trong held
- Hanoi’s leaders join rice-growing season
- Ban trees in full bloom in Hanoi
- Four magnificent seasons on “Roof of Indochina”
- Hanoians go to pagoda on 2nd day of Tet holiday
No violation of human rights in Covid-19 fight in Vietnam
Aviation authority wants to allow Boeing 737 Max airplanes entering Vietnam airspace
Vietnam Ao dai Week 2021 has been strongly responded
Vietnam to elect top positions at next parliament session
Hanoi nominates candidates for next term parliament
PM expects more Vietnamese multinationals to emerge by 2045
Vietnam eyes potential of homemade Covid-19 vaccine
Securities association expresses concern over prospect of 1,000 shares minimum trading lot
Vietnam repatriates citizens from Myanmar