Hanoi's modern ring road to be completed in 2020
The Hanoitimes - The contractor is making the best effort to complete the project of Hanoi's modern ring road in late August 2020, then put the viaduct into operation in October 2020.
Construction of Mai Dich – Nam Thang Long viaduct, which is a section of Hanoi’s Ring Road 3, will be completed in 2020, the Government Portal quoted Deputy Minister of Transport Nguyen Ngoc Dong as saying.
|Mai Dich-Nam Thang Long viaduct is expected to be completed by the end of 2020. Photo: Baogiaothong|
This road section will complete the beltway, making it a close circle, contributing to reducing congestion on roads with large volume of traffic such as Pham Van Dong, Hoang Quoc Viet, Nguyen Hoang Ton, among others.
Besides, elevated Ring Road 3 plays a key role in connecting Hanoi’s downtown with Noi Bai International Airport and northern provinces.
Therefore, Deputy Minister Nguyen Ngoc Dong requested the Thang Long Project Management Board and the contractor to pay special attention to the work quality and ensure safety and environmental sanitation during the construction.
Deputy Director of the Thang Long Project Management Board Pham Thanh Binh said that the progress of the project’s two construction packages has basically met the schedule.
Currently, the contractor is making the best effort to complete the project in late August 2020, then put the viaduct into operation in October 2020, Binh said.
The Mai Dich - Nam Thang Long viaduct project has a total length of 5.367 km with four lanes according to the road standard, each lane is 3.75 m wide to allow speed of up to 100 kilometers per hour.
- Thang Long Entrepreneur Gala 2020 honors 200 Hanoi enterprises
- “Made in Vietnam” goods week launched in Hanoi
- Hanoi targets speedy construction of Nam Son waste treatment plant
- 120 businesses in Hanoi and provinces join Vietnamese Goods Fair 2020
- Hanoi residents must wear face masks in public places, crowded events: Official
- Hanoi, Foreign Ministry partner to enhance city's position and image
- Kinh te & Do thi calls for support for victims of historic flooding in central Vietnam
- Hanoi takes numerous measures to tackle air pollution
- Hanoi to expand public transport network in period 2021-2030
- Hanoi completes traffic infrastructure to develop satellite urban areas: Official
Thang Long Entrepreneur Gala 2020 honors 200 Hanoi enterprises
Vietnam cancels 400 small hydropower projects
Hanoi targets speedy construction of Nam Son waste treatment plant
“Made in Vietnam” goods week launched in Hanoi
Hanoi completes traffic infrastructure to develop satellite urban areas: Official
Close-up of first train of Hanoi’s second metro line put on rails
Apple partner Pegatron mulls US$1-billion investment in hi-tech projects in Vietnam
Hanoi’s weekend pedestrian streets allowed to reopen from September 18
European investors propose US$1 billion logistics project in Vietnam