Hanoi's St Joseph's Cathedral gets facelift
St Joseph's Cathedral is one of the oldest Christian structures built in the capital city of Hanoi.
St Joseph's Cathedral, located in Hanoi’s downtown district of Hoan Kiem, has just got a facelift after more than a year of renovation.
The cathedral, built 130 years ago, is one of the oldest Christian structures built in the capital city.
Not only a place for religious activities but also a famous sightseeing spot attracting numerous domestic and foreign tourists.
The Hanoi Times will help you explore St Joseph's Cathedral which has just been completely renovated:
St Joseph's Cathedral has got a new look, attracting numerous visitors to admire and take photos.
The cathedral's architecture is characterized by European medieval Gothic, somewhat resembling Notre Dame Cathedral in Paris with curved and wide domes.
The watch on the cathedral's facade is in the process of being restored.
The main door set in bronze with elaborate sculptures is kept original.
The walls behind the church have all been whitewashed and still retain their ancient touches.
Local young people flock to the cathedral square and take photos of the new look of the cathedral.
A tourist is paying attention to view the photos she has just taken at the cathedral.
- Exploring first astronomy park in Southeast Asia
- Blossom adorns Hanoi streets
- Pure white lotus season in Hanoi
- Purple flowers signal Hanoi’s summer
- Close-up of Hanoi’s modern press center for SEA Games 31
- Sepak Takraw - the “golden hope” for Vietnam sport
- Vietnamese swimmers “sweat” for SEA Games 31 gold medals
- SEA Games 31 competition schedules
- Trinh Cong Son pedestrian street embellished for the big national holiday
- Impression of Friendship Journey 2022
Vietnam’s African swine fever vaccine to be widely used by late 2022
Folding bikes allowed on Hanoi's sky train
Some 155 Vietnamese athletes to partake in ASEAN Para Games 2022
Vietnam looks for UK support in finalizing financial regulations: NA Chairman
UK multinationals pledge long-term presence in Vietnam
Australian Foreign Minister enjoys Pho ga in Hanoi
Hanoi GRDP growth hits 7.79% in first half
Hanoi selects final design of Tran Hung Dao Bridge
Fiercer storms forecast to hit Vietnam towards year-end