Mar 12, 2014 / 09:54
Health insurance to be extended for all people
The Hanoitimes - The implementation of universal health insurance is very necessary to ensure health for all members of the public in the long run, heard a seminar in Ho Chi Minh City on March 10.
More than two-thirds of the people nationwide have engaged in the health insurance since 2010. About 30 percent – mainly low-income earners – have yet to join the network as they cannot afford the fee, said Vice Chairman of the National Assembly Law Committee Dang Dinh Luyen.
He suggested the State increase its budget to support these people with health insurance cards.
Takeshii Kasai, World Health Organisation (WHO) Chief Representative in Vietnam , stressed the importance of universal health insurance, saying it reflects the State’s care for their citizens and social equality.
Compulsory health insurance is the key to taking care of people from all walks of life, said WHO Regional Director in Asia-Pacific Shin Young Soo.
Vietnam is striving to extend health insurance coverage to 80 percent of its total population by 2020
- August 8: Coronavirus infections in Vietnam exceed 800
- August 8: Vietnam’s Covid-19 tally hits 789, more cases linked to Danang
- Covid-19 pandemic in Vietnam may peak in next ten days: Health official
- August 6: Vietnam reports 4 new Covid-19 cases, count hits 717
- Aug 5: Vietnam records two more Covid-19 cases, tally hits 672
- Vietnam’s coronavirus deaths rise to 8, ten others in critical condition
- August 4: Vietnam’s coronavirus infections rise to 652
- Vietnam PM okays national high school exams amid Covid-19 resurgence
- Vietnam expects to launch domestic Covid-19 vaccine by October 2021
- August 2: Vietnam records 34 new coronavirus infections
PM urges Hanoi to soon achieve upper-middle income level status
August 8: Coronavirus infections in Vietnam exceed 800
Cuba donates antiviral drug to help Vietnam cure Covid-19 patients
Hanoi starts fining people for not wearing face masks in public
Vietnam stock market needs upgrading to emerging status soon: PM
ASEAN Summit in Hanoi expected to boost intra-regional economic links
Hanoi works closely with ADB to ensure progress of urban infrastructure projects
Vietnam Airlines retakes Jetstar Pacific from Qantas
Hanoi strives to ensure safe and stable investment environment for investors