Hoa Lo Prison
The Hanoitimes - Hoa Lo is a prison in the central of Hanoi Capital. This place is named to the street of Hanoi under the French colonial, due to the concentration of stores selling wood stoves and coal-fire stoves along the street from pre-colonial times.
Following the defeat at the battle of Dien Bien Phu and the 1954 Geneva Accords the French left Hanoi and the prison came under the authority of the Democratic Republic of Vietnam. Thereafter the prison served as an education center for revolutionary doctrine and activity, and it was kept around after the French left to mark its historical significance to the North Vietnamese.
In 1993, on the ground of Hoa Lo Tower of Hanoi, a commercial center was built; the rest becomes a historic relic of capital revolution, which is evidence of the crimes of French colonial. It also kept many documents and records of the indomitable example, fought and sacrificed heroically of many generations of arrested communists. Hoa Lo relic is a fascinating attraction attracting many domestic and foreign tourists on every their occasion in Hanoi.
Hoa Lo is also a prison where retained a lot of great communists of Vietnam, addressing at 1 Hoa Lo street, Hoan Kiem district, Hanoi.
- Hanoi honors 16 winners of 1,010th founding anniversary contest
- Ly Thai To flower garden bears Thang Long - Hanoi’s imprint
- Understanding Vietnam's independence at exhibition in Ho Chi Minh Museum
- Photo exhibition celebrates 75th anniversary of National Day
- “1010 years of Thang Long – Hanoi” wins propaganda poster creation contest
- Hanoi ensures safety for tourists during National Day holiday
- Vietnam to hold online book exhibition to celebrate National Day
- Exploring ancient mansion of unique architecture in Hanoi
- Snapshots of trams reminisce about old Hanoi
- Ho Chi Minh relics welcome thousands of visitors over the weekend
Vietnam suspends all inbound commercial flights
Vietnam leaders congratulate US elected president Joe Biden
Some Covid-19-related businesses in Ho Chi Minh City suspended
Vietnam wins at World Travel Awards 2020
Vietnam expects to massively produce own Covid-19 vaccine by mid-2022: Expert
Hanoi completes traffic infrastructure to develop satellite urban areas: Official
Close-up of first train of Hanoi’s second metro line put on rails
Apple partner Pegatron mulls US$1-billion investment in hi-tech projects in Vietnam
Hanoi’s weekend pedestrian streets allowed to reopen from September 18