How Vietnamese consumers are changing diet?
Vietnamese consumers are shifting towards healthier lifestyles which include eating and drinking habits.
Globally, people turn their attention to what they eat every day. Not surprisingly, Food Safety and Health remains Vietnamese consumers’ top concerns, according to Kantar Worldpanel’s latest study conducted in September 2019.
This trend is reflected in every aspect of their lives. Indeed, almost 80% of total Vietnamese households living in Urban (4 key cities namely Hanoi, Danang, Ho Chi Minh City and Can Tho) claim that they exercise regularly for better health and are willing to pay a higher price for healthier foods.
Furthermore, Kantar is also seeing the changes of Vietnamese consumers towards healthier lifestyles which include eating and drinking habits.
The following infographic shows how Vietnamese consumers’ diet is changing today, differences among different cities. Those changes are growth opportunities for F&B players.
- "Plastic-19 Lockdown" Challenge launched
- Vietnam evacuates some 250,000 residents as storm Kompasu nears
- Girls Takeover – efforts to break negative gender cycle
- Storm Lionrock forecast to dump rains in Vietnam’s north-central region
- Needy students to get loan for buying computers
- Vietnam to plant 20,000 hectares of forest in response to climate change
- Vietnam makes effort to rehabilitate its labor market
- Vietnam records increasing child obesity in big cities
- World Bank and Japan support community-based care for elderly in Vietnam
- Vietnam expects to end deaths from rabies by 2030
Hanoi tourism adapts to new situation
Vietnam regains its position as most ideal investment location: foreign expert
Hanoi is once again Covid-19-free zone
Hanoi exerts efforts to reopen the economy and adapt to a new normalcy
"Plastic-19 Lockdown" Challenge launched
US$30 million climate change adaptation project launched in Vietnam
Vietnam starts Covid-19 vaccine administration for children aged 12-17
Live Fully in Viet Nam campaign to kick-off inbound tourism
Vietnam – example in telecom infrastructure development: ITU