Hue Traditional Craft Festival to showcase outstanding local products
The Hanoitimes - The festival as part of activities to celebrate the 230th anniversary of Nguyen Hue’s victory against the Chinese Qing invaders (1789 - 2019), the 120th anniversary of establishing Hue town (July 12, 1899 - 2019), and the 120th anniversary of Dong Ba market and Truong Tien bridge.
Hue Traditional Craft Festival. Photo: vov.vn
Products made from the lotus plant – like silk, wine, tea, and conical leaf hats – of artisans from Hue, Ho Chi Minh City, and Dong Thap province will be chosen as the spotlight at this year’s festival.
Also specialized areas will be set up to showcase traditional products of foreign cities. Throughout the traditional craft festival, the city wants to promote the locality’s image and products towards domestic and international friends.
The central province of Thua Thien-Hue received 3.7 million visitors in the first ten months of 2018, a year-on-year surge of 21%, according to the municipal Department of Tourism. Of the total, there were 1.55 million foreigners, up 29.7% from the same period a year earlier and equal to the number of international arrivals in 2017.
Visitors from South Korea made up the largest group, accounting for one third of the total foreign visitors. Most of them flied to Hue for sightseeing, enjoying local dishes, and shopping. The locality also saw stable growth in number of tourists from France, Germany and the UK.
- World-famous French wine Beaujolais Nouveau 2019 to be held in Hanoi
- Hanoi to host serial activities to honor Vietnamese ethnic groups’ cultural quintessence
- Tasting South Korean foods right at the center of Hanoi
- Hanoi celebrates Mid-autumn Festival with love and sharing
- Celebrating Vietnam’s Independence Day at Culture Village in Hanoi
- Artists live up carnival in celebration of Hanoi’s City for Peace recognition
- Hoi An Lantern Festival to light up Wernigerode
- Nearly 10,000 people to join walk to mark 20th anniversary of Hanoi's recognition as City for Peace
- Finland’s team wins Da Nang International Fireworks Festival 2019
- Vietnam – China extend culture and tourism cooperation
ASEAN defense ministers concerned about regional security threats
Vietnamese banks come closer to big deals
Rise of ride-hailing firms against traditional taxis is inevitable in Vietnam: PM
Hanoi proceeds with hi-tech health care projects
Hanoi yet to decide pricing of water from controversial Duong river waterworks
Hanoi’s air quality index on week days: Mostly at bad levels
Vietnam’s role in reshaping Asian supply chains is growing: HSBC
Foreign businesses seek more revision of Vietnam’s investment policy