IFC no longer major shareholder of Vietinbank
The Hanoitimes - After the transactions, the International Finance Corporation (IFC) and IFC Capitalization Fund now hold 185.8 million shares, or a 4.99% stake.
The International Finance Corporation (IFC) and IFC Capitalization Equity Fund, members of the World Bank Group, are no longer a major shareholder at state-run Joint Stock Vietnam Industrial and Commercial Bank (Vietinbank), after having sold a combined 55.7 million shares or a 1.49% stake, according to a filing to the Ho Chi Minh City Stock Exchange (HoSE).
On January 8, the IFC sold 18.94 million shares to reduce its holding in Vietnam’s third-largest bank by market value from 2.14% to 1.63%, while IFC Capitalization Fund offloaded 36.77 million shares, cutting its ownership to 3.35% in the Vietnamese lender from the previous 4.34%.
After the transactions, the IFC and IFC Capitalization Fund now hold 185.8 million shares, or 4.99% stake, effectively ending their statuses as major shareholders of the Vietnamese lender since January 10.
Last November, these two sold nearly 57.4 million shares or a 1.54% stake at Vietinbank. Of the amount, the IFC sold 18.14 million shares and IFC Capitalization Fund with 39.22 million shares, resulting in the two holding a combined 6.48% stake from 8.02%.
Last year, Bloomberg reported the IFC was seeking a buyer for its 8% stake in Vietinbank after a seven-year partnership.
As of present, the State Bank of Vietnam (SBV), the country’s central bank, is the largest shareholder of Vietinbank with a 64.46% stake, followed by Japan’s largest bank MUFG with over 19.7%.
At the close on January 13, share of Vietinbank was traded at VND23,450 (US$1.01) apiece, while the market capitalization of the bank is VND86.38 trillion (US$3.73 billion).
- ThaiBev denies rumors on stake sale of Vietnam’s No.1 brewer Sabeco
- Actual FDI to Vietnam rebounds in May
- Vietnam needs more efforts to lure new FDI wave
- Vietnam PM sets up task force to prepare for new FDI wave
- Vietnam should embrace M&A waves: Expert
- Panasonic to move appliance production from Thailand to Vietnam
- Hanoi remains AEONMall Vietnam's top pick for investment
- Vietnam’s early containment of Covid-19 enhances foreign investor sentiment
- Foreign investors call for greater flexibility in Vietnam's upcoming PPP law
- Vietnam faces fierce competition to attract capital flight from China
Vietnam “most outstanding” in handling coronavirus - Media
Dragon dance livens up pedestrian zone around Hoan Kiem lake
Hanoi Museum prepares for exhibition
Vietnam repatriates citizens from Singapore amid rising coronavirus infections
Predictable legal environment to help Vietnam attract FDI post Covid-19: NTT Data Vietnam CEO
Scorching heat strikes Hanoi with temperature surging to 40 degrees Celsius
Hanoi to build sewage collection system to revive its dying river
More monetary easing measures still to come in Vietnam: Fitch
Iconic lakes in Hanoi