India provides free artificial limbs for over 500 Vietnamese with disabilities
The Hanoitimes - Vietnam is the first country which received the Jaipur Foot Artificial Limb Fitment Camp under the agreement signed between the Government of India and Bhagwan Mahaveer Viklang Sahayata Samiti (BMVSS), a Jaipur-based non-profit organization in November 2017.
Representatives of patients in Vinh Phuc receive free artificial limb on the opening ceremony. Photo: QDND
After the inauguration ceremony held on July 10 at Vinh Phuc Convention Center, the camp and temporary workshop have been established in Lac Viet Friendship Hospital, which has made available space and other support in its modern facilities.
Accordingly, the BMVSS team will set up the Jaipur Foot Artificial Limb Fitment Camp in Phu Tho province, when completing its work in Vinh Phuc province in about two weeks.
In implementation of the Joint Statement issued during the state visit of Vietnamese President Tran Dai Quang to India in March 2018, the Embassy of India in Hanoi in coordination with People’s Committees of Vinh Phuc and Phu Tho provinces and the BMVSS is organizing the Jaipur Foot Artificial Limb Fitment Camp in the months of July-August 2018 to provide rehabilitation services and the prosthetic Jaipur Foot to around 500 Vietnamese people in Vinh Phuc and Phu Tho.
The idea of organizing the Jaipur Foot Artificial Limb Fitment Camp in Vinh Phuc and Phu Tho provinces received encouragement from Nguyen Thi Hien, spouse of State President Tran Dai Quang, according to Indian Ambassador to Vietnam Parvathaneni Harish.
During the state visit of Vietnamese President Tran Dai Quang to India, Nguyen Thi Hien visited BMVSS’s Jaipur Foot Center in Delhi and reviewed their Jaipur Foot, Limb fitment and rehabilitation services. She expressed her desire that persons with disability in Vietnam be rehabilitated with Jaipur Foot and Limb, Harish added.
- Vietnam: Ethnic minority children are disproportionately undernourished
- Michelle Obama, Julia Roberts promote girls' education in Vietnam
- Truong Sa calendar app is available on App Store and Google Play
- Tourist sites in Vietnam will be plastic waste free
- Discrimination towards persons with disabilities remains significant in Vietnam: UNDP
- Julia Roberts, Michelle Obama to visit Vietnam for girl empowerment
- Denmark supports Vietnam to improve food safety
- UN Int’l Day of Solidarity with Palestinians marked in Hanoi
- Vietnam's population set to reach 104 million by 2030
- Vietnam parliament okays to raise retirement age
Vietnam under pressure to address corruption in private sector: UNDP
Hanoi aims to excel in socio-economic performance in 2016 – 2020: Mayor
80% of online public services in Hanoi available at advanced stages
First hospital in Hanoi to establish cardiovascular surgery department for children
Despite overall optimism, health remains top concern of Vietnamese consumers
Vietnam football dream comes true with “Vietnamese spirit”: Coach