July 14: Vietnam goes 88 days without local coronavirus infections
The Hanoitimes - All recently coronavirus cases are imported.
Vietnam, which shares a long border with China, has reported no new infections in the community since April 16, lengthening the streak without local transmission to 88 days.
|Vietnam's recent infections are imported. Photo: PLO|
As of July 14, Vietnam has confirmed 373 coronavirus infected cases. All the recently-found infections are imported, according to the Ministry of Health.
The recent cases are Vietnamese nationals who returned to the country on repatriation flights.
As an effort to keep its citizens safe, Vietnam has been operating repatriation flights from different parts of the world to bring home more than 14,000 people.
So far, as many as 350 Covid-19 patients have recovered, accounting for 94.1% of the total patients.
Especially, all 50 foreign Covid-19 patients in Vietnam have been cured and discharged from hospital. Of the foreigners, Patient No.91 or a British man who worked as a pilot for national flag carrier Vietnam Airlines was made an amazing recovery and arrived in his country on July 12 in good health.
This special case has made headlines as he underwent 116 days under treatment in two hospitals in the southern metropolis of Ho Chi Minh, the longest period compared to all other Covid-19 patients in Vietnam. He was on life support for days and only 10% of his lungs were functional at one point.
So far, Vietnam reports no single death by Covid-19.
- Vietnam expects to launch domestic Covid-19 vaccine by October 2021
- August 2: Vietnam records 34 new coronavirus infections
- Vietnam's Covid-19 death count rises to six
- Vietnam reports two more Covid-19 deaths
- July 31: Vietnam’s daily coronavirus infections hit record high
- Many Covid-19 patients in Vietnam at high risk of fatality: Health ministry
- July 31: Vietnam reports 45 coronavirus cases, highest ever daily caseload
- July 30: Vietnam confirms five more Covid-19 patients, 464 in total
- New coronavirus strain in Danang city is not ominous: WHO
- July 30: Vietnam reports 9 more local infections, all linked to Danang
Vietnam gov't strives to ensure positive economic growth this year
Vietnam PM okays national high school exams amid Covid-19 resurgence
Hanoi named among TripAdvisor’s 25 popular destinations
Vietnam economy shows positive signs in 7 months: PM
Vietnam stock market needs upgrading to emerging status soon: PM
ASEAN Summit in Hanoi expected to boost intra-regional economic links
Hanoi works closely with ADB to ensure progress of urban infrastructure projects
Vietnam Airlines retakes Jetstar Pacific from Qantas
Hanoi strives to ensure safe and stable investment environment for investors