July 31: Vietnam reports 45 coronavirus cases, highest ever daily caseload
The Hanoitimes - All the newest infections are linked to several hospitals in Danang, the locality of the first local infection outbreaks after more than three months.
Vietnam has confirmed an additional 45 coronavirus cases on Friday morning, marking the highest-ever daily figure since the start of the global health crisis early this year.
|Testing is one of precautionary measures in Vietnam to detect coronavirus infections. Photo: Tuoi Tre|
The latest group has raised the country’s tally to 509 as of July 31, including 276 imported cases, according to the National Steering Committee on Covid-19 Prevention and Control. All 50 foreigners have recovered and been discharged from hospital.
All the new cases are from Danang’s hospitals that have been locked down since July 27.
New Covid-19 patients whose ages range from 27 to 87 are hospital staff, patients of those hospitals, and patients’ relatives.
Since the confirmation on July 25 of the first locally-transmitted case after months, Vietnam has reported 93 cases of community transmission.
Chairman of the Danang People’s Committee Huynh Duc Tho warned that there is high risk of infections among health workers and more than 10,000 people in the city are subjected to quick tests.
So far, sources of the local infections remain unclear but all the new cases are linked to some hospitals in Danang.
Of the total caseload, as many as 369 people have recovered and no fatalities have been reported.
At present, more than 53,700 people are under quarantine across the country, including in hospitals, at concentrated centers, and at home.
- Telehealth in Vietnam connects over 1,000 health centers
- Last patient discharged from hospital, Danang free of Covid-19
- Vietnam to add medical supplies and equipment to national reserves
- Vietnam undergoes a week without local coronavirus infections
- Vietnam announces 35th Covid-19-related death
- Vietnam to adopt greater integration of technology in healthcare
- Vietnam reports 33rd Covid-19-related fatality
- Hanoi has one more Covid-19 case
- Vietnam confirms 30th coronavirus death
- Vietnam included in Australia’s US$58 million support for Covid-19 vaccine access
Actual FDI in Vietnam down 3.2% to US$13.76 billion in Jan-Sept
Vietnam ranks fourth on Agoda 2020 travel wishlist
Telehealth in Vietnam connects over 1,000 health centers
Vietnam receives first int'l commercial flight after six months
Apple partner Pegatron mulls US$1-billion investment in hi-tech projects in Vietnam
Hanoi’s weekend pedestrian streets allowed to reopen from September 18
European investors propose US$1 billion logistics project in Vietnam
Vietnam says ASEAN doesn’t want to get trapped between competition of major powers
Vietnam launches advisory message to prevent Covid-19 spread