July 31: Vietnam’s daily coronavirus infections hit record high
The Hanoitimes - So far, the coronavirus outbreaks have been reported in six cities and provinces
Vietnam on Friday confirmed 82 people positive with the novel coronavirus, marking the largest infections reported in a day from the outbreak of the pandemic in the country in late January.
|So far, all local infections of coronavirus in Vietnam are linked to Danang|
The daily infections include 45 cases announced in the morning (at 6:00 am) announcement and 37 others in the afternoon (6:00 pm) announcement made by the National Steering Committee on Covid-19 Prevention and Control.
The 82 cases include 26 imported ones, three in Ho Chi Minh City, and eight in Quang Nam, the neighboring province of Danang.
All the local infections are linked to Danang, where the first locally-transmitted case was confirmed last weekend.
Vietnam has so far reported 546 Covid-19 infections, of them 373 have recovered and two, with many pre-existing diseases, died.
Given the surging daily caseload, Deputy Prime Minister Vu Duc Dam on July 31 asked authorities to stamp down Danang outbreaks as soon as possible.
Meanwhile, Acting Minister of Health Nguyen Thanh Long demanded aggressive contact tracing to have a full list of people to and from Danang, mostly from some hospitals in the city.
Health agencies nationwide are maximizing testing capacity for quick detection of the coronavirus. They expect to soon raise the number of tests that is currently around 10,000 units per day.
- Health experts ring alarm bell on coronavirus this winter
- Vietnam's top health official urges strict vigilance against Covid-19
- US, China donate ventilators and masks to aid Vietnam’s Covid-19 combat
- Hanoi’s 10th grader bags gold at Int’l Mathematical Olympiad 2020
- Telehealth in Vietnam connects over 1,000 health centers
- Last patient discharged from hospital, Danang free of Covid-19
- Vietnam to add medical supplies and equipment to national reserves
- Vietnam undergoes a week without local coronavirus infections
- Vietnam announces 35th Covid-19-related death
- Vietnam to adopt greater integration of technology in healthcare
VEPR revises down Vietnam's 2020 GDP growth forecast to 2.8%
Hanoi takes numerous measures to tackle air pollution
Hanoi to expand public transport network in period 2021-2030
Kinh te & Do thi calls for support for victims of historic flooding in central Vietnam
Hanoi completes traffic infrastructure to develop satellite urban areas: Official
Close-up of first train of Hanoi’s second metro line put on rails
Apple partner Pegatron mulls US$1-billion investment in hi-tech projects in Vietnam
Hanoi’s weekend pedestrian streets allowed to reopen from September 18
European investors propose US$1 billion logistics project in Vietnam