June 14: British pilot Covid-19 patient in Vietnam recovers 'miraculously'
The Hanoitimes - In a magic way, the man has been breathing for 48 hours without ventilator support.
Vietnam’s most gravely-ill Covid-19 patient, a British man, has no longer needed antibiotics and recovering phenomenally, the Ministry of Health said Sunday.
| The British patient is under treatment at a Ho Chi Minh City hospital|
The man, 43, designated as Patient No.91, has been breathing without support from a ventilator for 48 hours.
Local media cited the ministry that the man has recovered in a magic way after days in critical condition. He has been conscious of everything surrounding and able to sit on a wheelchair for sunbathing.
He has remembered passwords of his mobile phone and iPad, according to Cho Ray Hospital where he is being treated.
As of June 14, Vietnam has confirmed 334 coronavirus cases, including 58% imported.
So far, the country has undergone 59 days without local infections.
As many as 323 Covid-19 patients in Vietnam have recovered, accounting for 96.7% of the case count.
At present, more than 10,000 people are under quarantine, including Vietnamese citizens returning the country on repatriation flights.
Deputy Prime Minister Vu Duc Dam, who heads the National Committee for Covid-19 Prevention and Control, said at a National Assembly session on June 13 that Vietnam’s initial success in the fight against the virus is thanks to the country’s early response that was one step ahead the World Health Organization (WHO) alert.
- August 8: Coronavirus infections in Vietnam exceed 800
- August 8: Vietnam’s Covid-19 tally hits 789, more cases linked to Danang
- Covid-19 pandemic in Vietnam may peak in next ten days: Health official
- August 6: Vietnam reports 4 new Covid-19 cases, count hits 717
- Aug 5: Vietnam records two more Covid-19 cases, tally hits 672
- Vietnam’s coronavirus deaths rise to 8, ten others in critical condition
- August 4: Vietnam’s coronavirus infections rise to 652
- Vietnam expects to launch domestic Covid-19 vaccine by October 2021
- August 2: Vietnam records 34 new coronavirus infections
- Vietnam's Covid-19 death count rises to six
PM urges Hanoi to soon achieve upper-middle income level status
August 8: Coronavirus infections in Vietnam exceed 800
Cuba donates antiviral drug to help Vietnam cure Covid-19 patients
Hanoi starts fining people for not wearing face masks in public
Vietnam stock market needs upgrading to emerging status soon: PM
ASEAN Summit in Hanoi expected to boost intra-regional economic links
Hanoi works closely with ADB to ensure progress of urban infrastructure projects
Vietnam Airlines retakes Jetstar Pacific from Qantas
Hanoi strives to ensure safe and stable investment environment for investors