Vietnam reports three new imported coronavirus cases, tally rises to 352
The Hanoitimes - Vietnam has undergone 70 days without local transmission.
Three more people in Vietnam have tested positive for the novel coronavirus on June 24, taking the case count to 352.
|Protective measures applied for people from affected areas. Photo: PLO|
The latest three patients are Vietnamese citizens returning from Kuwait in a repatriation flight on June 16, according to the National Steering Committee on Covid-19 Prevention and Control.
They, together with other returnees, have been quarantined after landing, posing no contagion threat to the community, the committee said.
Under Vietnam’s regulations, all people from elsewhere outside the country need to undergo 14-day mandatory quarantine after they reach Vietnamese soil.
So far, the number of people recovered from Covid-19 are 329, accounting for 94.3% of the total infections.
Meanwhile, nearly 7,200 people are under quarantine at different locations across the country.
As of June 25, Vietnam has undergone 70 days without local transmission, enabling it to reopen the economy. The country is boosting domestic tourism while keeping its borders closed to foreign visitors.
Vietnam has suspended the entry of foreign visitors since March 22. Only diplomatic, experts, corporate managers, and skilled workers have been allowed to enter the country since then with safety regulations required.
- August 8: Coronavirus infections in Vietnam exceed 800
- August 8: Vietnam’s Covid-19 tally hits 789, more cases linked to Danang
- Covid-19 pandemic in Vietnam may peak in next ten days: Health official
- August 6: Vietnam reports 4 new Covid-19 cases, count hits 717
- Aug 5: Vietnam records two more Covid-19 cases, tally hits 672
- Vietnam’s coronavirus deaths rise to 8, ten others in critical condition
- August 4: Vietnam’s coronavirus infections rise to 652
- Vietnam expects to launch domestic Covid-19 vaccine by October 2021
- August 2: Vietnam records 34 new coronavirus infections
- Vietnam's Covid-19 death count rises to six
PM urges Hanoi to soon achieve upper-middle income level status
August 8: Coronavirus infections in Vietnam exceed 800
Cuba donates antiviral drug to help Vietnam cure Covid-19 patients
Hanoi starts fining people for not wearing face masks in public
Vietnam stock market needs upgrading to emerging status soon: PM
ASEAN Summit in Hanoi expected to boost intra-regional economic links
Hanoi works closely with ADB to ensure progress of urban infrastructure projects
Vietnam Airlines retakes Jetstar Pacific from Qantas
Hanoi strives to ensure safe and stable investment environment for investors