March 15: Four European tourists test positive for coronavirus
The Hanoitimes - Hanoi now has 12 cases positive with the virus, the largest number of infections in Vietnam.
Vietnam’s Ministry of Health on March 15 confirmed four new cases infected with the new coronavirus and all are European tourists, taking the toll of infection cases in the country to 57.
| Foreign tourists in Hanoi. Photo: baotintuc.vn|
The four newly-detected patients include one Latvian, one German and two Britons, entering Vietnam on March 8-9. Of them, two are being treated in Hanoi, one in Ho Chi Minh City and one in Quang Nam province.
So far, 17 foreigners have tested positive with the virus in Vietnam.
Among the 57 cases found in Vietnam so far, 16 were cured and discharged of hospital by February 26 while 41 others have been detected since March 6.
Hanoi now has 12 cases positive with the virus, the largest number of infections in Vietnam.
To curb the spread of Covid-19, from March 15, all people coming from or transiting through 26 Schengen states and the UK have to undergo mandatory 14-day quarantine and be tested for Covid-19.
Authorities at Hanoi's Noi Bai International Airport have tightened control over the entry of passengers, both from overseas and Vietnamese destinations.
In addition, bars, karaoke lounges and historical relics have been asked to halt operations while schools have been closed for more than one month.
- Telehealth in Vietnam connects over 1,000 health centers
- Last patient discharged from hospital, Danang free of Covid-19
- Vietnam to add medical supplies and equipment to national reserves
- Vietnam undergoes a week without local coronavirus infections
- Vietnam announces 35th Covid-19-related death
- Vietnam to adopt greater integration of technology in healthcare
- Vietnam reports 33rd Covid-19-related fatality
- Hanoi has one more Covid-19 case
- Vietnam confirms 30th coronavirus death
- Vietnam included in Australia’s US$58 million support for Covid-19 vaccine access
Hanoi Old Quarter tinged with spectacular reddish hues during Mid-Autumn Festival
Dragon Dance Festival to return to Hanoi next month
Vietnam, foreign experts to discuss how to build Hanoi into UNESCO Creative City
What’s behind the Mekong-US Partnership?
Apple partner Pegatron mulls US$1-billion investment in hi-tech projects in Vietnam
Hanoi’s weekend pedestrian streets allowed to reopen from September 18
European investors propose US$1 billion logistics project in Vietnam
Vietnam says ASEAN doesn’t want to get trapped between competition of major powers
Vietnam launches advisory message to prevent Covid-19 spread