March 15: Four European tourists test positive for coronavirus
The Hanoitimes - Hanoi now has 12 cases positive with the virus, the largest number of infections in Vietnam.
Vietnam’s Ministry of Health on March 15 confirmed four new cases infected with the new coronavirus and all are European tourists, taking the toll of infection cases in the country to 57.
| Foreign tourists in Hanoi. Photo: baotintuc.vn|
The four newly-detected patients include one Latvian, one German and two Britons, entering Vietnam on March 8-9. Of them, two are being treated in Hanoi, one in Ho Chi Minh City and one in Quang Nam province.
So far, 17 foreigners have tested positive with the virus in Vietnam.
Among the 57 cases found in Vietnam so far, 16 were cured and discharged of hospital by February 26 while 41 others have been detected since March 6.
Hanoi now has 12 cases positive with the virus, the largest number of infections in Vietnam.
To curb the spread of Covid-19, from March 15, all people coming from or transiting through 26 Schengen states and the UK have to undergo mandatory 14-day quarantine and be tested for Covid-19.
Authorities at Hanoi's Noi Bai International Airport have tightened control over the entry of passengers, both from overseas and Vietnamese destinations.
In addition, bars, karaoke lounges and historical relics have been asked to halt operations while schools have been closed for more than one month.
- May 27: Six more Vietnamese Covid-19 patients recover, 49 active cases left
- May 25: Vietnam reports one fresh coronavirus case, totaling 326
- Vietnam’s health ministry plans to repatriate Covid-19 British patient
- May 18: Vietnam coronavirus cases hit 324, latest infections are imported
- May 15: Vietnam records 25 new Covid-19 cases, all imported
- Vietnam mobilizes best doctors to cure British Covid-19 patient
- Lung transplant indicated for British Covid-19 patient
- May 12: Vietnam goes through 26 days without new local coronavirus infection
- May 11: Eight more Covid-19 patients in Vietnam recover, infection count flat
- May 7: Vietnam confirms 17 more coronavirus cases, all imported
Building e-government is urgent for Hanoi: Mayor
May 27: Six more Vietnamese Covid-19 patients recover, 49 active cases left
Hanoi stands ready for new capital inflows from Japan: Party official
Predictable legal environment to help Vietnam attract FDI post Covid-19: NTT Data Vietnam CEO
Scorching heat strikes Hanoi with temperature surging to 40 degrees Celsius
Hanoi to build sewage collection system to revive its dying river
More monetary easing measures still to come in Vietnam: Fitch
Iconic lakes in Hanoi
Vietnam’s Northwest terraced paddy fields in snapshots