March 19: Vietnam reports 9 new Covid-19 cases, including 4 in Hanoi
The Hanoitimes - The new cases announced on March 19 have lifted the toll of infections in the country to 85, including 16 cured and discharged from hospital by February 26.
Vietnam’s Ministry of Health on Thursday night confirmed nine more people infected with the new coronavirus, all coming from overseas, with eight being Vietnamese citizens and one American.
| All the new cases confirmed on March 19 came from overseas. |
Among the new cases, four have been found in Hanoi and all are students studying in the United Kingdom and aged between 20 and 25. “Patient 77” and “patient 78” arrived in Hanoi from the UK on March 17. The two other Hanoians, identified as “patient 84” and “patient 85” came back to the home country on March 18.
The four are now under treatment at the National Hospital of Tropical Diseases in Hanoi’s Dong Anh district and in stable health condition.
The other five new patients are now in Ho Chi Minh City and arrived in the city on March 15 from London, Paris, and Istanbul.
The new cases announced on March 19 have lifted the toll of infections in the country to 85. Among 15 localities with Covid-19 patients, Hanoi takes the lead with 24, followed by Ho Chi Minh City (17, of them three have been cured), Vinh Phuc province (11, all discharged) and Binh Thuan province (9).
Sixteen patients were cured before February 26. Of the 69 active cases, two are in severe condition due to existing illnesses and the rest are in stable status. Five have tested negative for the virus and one can be discharged from hospital soon.
Vietnam entered the second phase of the fight against the Covid-19 pandemic on March 6 when the 17th case in the country was found in Hanoi.
- April 3: Vietnam’s coronavirus cases hit 237, 85 recover
- Hanoi-based infectious catering firm asked to halt operations
- April 1: Vietnam’s Covid-19 case toll climbs to 218
- Japan-based firm supports Vietnam to produce ventilators for coronavirus patients
- How quick coronavirus testing stations in Hanoi work?
- March 31: Vietnam finds four new coronavirus cases
- March 30: Vietnam’s coronavirus cases jump to 203, Bach Mai Hospital count hits 33
- Makeshift hospital built in Bach Mai Hospital, new corona hot spot in Hanoi
- Hanoi: 27 Covid-19 patients cured and discharged from hospital
- Strengthen pandemic countermeasures, Vietnam health ministry tells hospitals
Hanoi protests Beijing over sinking Vietnamese fishing boat in South China Sea
April 3: Vietnam’s coronavirus cases hit 237, 85 recover
Vietnam Fin Min expands fiscal stimulus package to US$7.64 billion
Hanoi to revise economic growth target as coronavirus fight intensifies
Vietnam crude oil and natural gas production face downside risks on Covid-19
Hanoi ensures abundant supply of consumer goods in 15-day social distancing
Vietnam's factory activity drops to record low on Covid-19
Vietnam identifies three coronavirus hot spots, including largest hospital
Foreign companies express commitment to Vietnam efforts against Covid-19