March 19: Vietnam reports 9 new Covid-19 cases, including 4 in Hanoi
The Hanoitimes - The new cases announced on March 19 have lifted the toll of infections in the country to 85, including 16 cured and discharged from hospital by February 26.
Vietnam’s Ministry of Health on Thursday night confirmed nine more people infected with the new coronavirus, all coming from overseas, with eight being Vietnamese citizens and one American.
| All the new cases confirmed on March 19 came from overseas. |
Among the new cases, four have been found in Hanoi and all are students studying in the United Kingdom and aged between 20 and 25. “Patient 77” and “patient 78” arrived in Hanoi from the UK on March 17. The two other Hanoians, identified as “patient 84” and “patient 85” came back to the home country on March 18.
The four are now under treatment at the National Hospital of Tropical Diseases in Hanoi’s Dong Anh district and in stable health condition.
The other five new patients are now in Ho Chi Minh City and arrived in the city on March 15 from London, Paris, and Istanbul.
The new cases announced on March 19 have lifted the toll of infections in the country to 85. Among 15 localities with Covid-19 patients, Hanoi takes the lead with 24, followed by Ho Chi Minh City (17, of them three have been cured), Vinh Phuc province (11, all discharged) and Binh Thuan province (9).
Sixteen patients were cured before February 26. Of the 69 active cases, two are in severe condition due to existing illnesses and the rest are in stable status. Five have tested negative for the virus and one can be discharged from hospital soon.
Vietnam entered the second phase of the fight against the Covid-19 pandemic on March 6 when the 17th case in the country was found in Hanoi.
- Vietnam PM appoints acting health minister
- Coronavirus-stricken UK pilot in Vietnam to return home on July 12
- Suspected Indonesia national in Vietnam tests negative for coronavirus
- Vietnam to conduct human trial of Covid-19 vaccine
- British Covid-19 patient in Vietnam may return home on July 12
- UK ambassador thanks Vietnam for sparing no efforts to save British pilot
- Vietnam gains first success with home-made Covid-19 vaccine
- Vietnam reports three new imported coronavirus cases, tally rises to 352
- Vietnam hospital prepares to send British Covid-19 patient home
- British pilot in Vietnam no longer needs lung transplant
US committed to making US-Vietnam ties “a model of international cooperation and partnership”: Pompeo
US companies continue to see tremendous investment opportunities in Vietnam
Hanoi looks to boost potential of night economy
Vietnam commended for improving access to e-public services
ASEAN Summit in Hanoi expected to boost intra-regional economic links
Hanoi works closely with ADB to ensure progress of urban infrastructure projects
Vietnam Airlines retakes Jetstar Pacific from Qantas
Hanoi strives to ensure safe and stable investment environment for investors
Removal of permanent residency requirement to pressurize Hanoi's budget