March 25: One more doctor in Vietnam infected with coronavirus
The Hanoitimes - All the seven patients confirmed on Wednesday are Vietnamese.
Vietnam on Wednesday confirmed seven more people positive with the coronavirus, including a doctor who is in charge of taking care of Covid-19 patients in Hanoi, taking the tally to 141.
|Four medical staff in Vietnam have tested positive for the coronavirus. Photo: Kinhtedothi|
A 29-year-old female doctor was exposed to the virus when she took care of a British patient (Patient No.28) at the National Hospital of Tropical Diseases in Hanoi.
She is the second doctor in Vietnam infected with the virus. The first one is her colleague who joined the medical force in the fight against the pandemic in January 31.
So far, four medical staff have been infected with the virus, including two aforementioned doctors and two nurses at Bach Mai Hospital, one of the leading hospitals in Vietnam.
All the seven patients confirmed on Wednesday are Vietnamese. Of them, six returned from Europe and the US, including four students.
The additional cases lift up the figure in Hanoi to 50, and Ho Chi Minh City to 34 (including three recovered).
As of March 25, up to 17 people have recovered while 26 others have tested negative with the virus for one to three times each.
Of total 141 infected cases in Vietnam, 34 are foreigners, according to the Ministry of Health.
- Aug 5: Vietnam records two more Covid-19 cases, tally hits 672
- Vietnam’s coronavirus deaths rise to 8, ten others in critical condition
- August 4: Vietnam’s coronavirus infections rise to 652
- Vietnam expects to launch domestic Covid-19 vaccine by October 2021
- August 2: Vietnam records 34 new coronavirus infections
- Vietnam's Covid-19 death count rises to six
- Vietnam reports two more Covid-19 deaths
- July 31: Vietnam’s daily coronavirus infections hit record high
- Many Covid-19 patients in Vietnam at high risk of fatality: Health ministry
- July 31: Vietnam reports 45 coronavirus cases, highest ever daily caseload
Half of Japan firms planning to diversify supply chains pick Vietnam: Abe Shinzo
Aug 5: Vietnam records two more Covid-19 cases, tally hits 672
Hanoi checks all people with severe illnesses
Vietnamese students invent coronavirus-proof hat
Vietnam stock market needs upgrading to emerging status soon: PM
ASEAN Summit in Hanoi expected to boost intra-regional economic links
Hanoi works closely with ADB to ensure progress of urban infrastructure projects
Vietnam Airlines retakes Jetstar Pacific from Qantas
Hanoi strives to ensure safe and stable investment environment for investors