March 25: One more doctor in Vietnam infected with coronavirus
The Hanoitimes - All the seven patients confirmed on Wednesday are Vietnamese.
Vietnam on Wednesday confirmed seven more people positive with the coronavirus, including a doctor who is in charge of taking care of Covid-19 patients in Hanoi, taking the tally to 141.
|Four medical staff in Vietnam have tested positive for the coronavirus. Photo: Kinhtedothi|
A 29-year-old female doctor was exposed to the virus when she took care of a British patient (Patient No.28) at the National Hospital of Tropical Diseases in Hanoi.
She is the second doctor in Vietnam infected with the virus. The first one is her colleague who joined the medical force in the fight against the pandemic in January 31.
So far, four medical staff have been infected with the virus, including two aforementioned doctors and two nurses at Bach Mai Hospital, one of the leading hospitals in Vietnam.
All the seven patients confirmed on Wednesday are Vietnamese. Of them, six returned from Europe and the US, including four students.
The additional cases lift up the figure in Hanoi to 50, and Ho Chi Minh City to 34 (including three recovered).
As of March 25, up to 17 people have recovered while 26 others have tested negative with the virus for one to three times each.
Of total 141 infected cases in Vietnam, 34 are foreigners, according to the Ministry of Health.
- Vietnam expects to massively produce own Covid-19 vaccine by mid-2022: Expert
- Vietnam health minister calls for tighter coronavirus control
- Vietnamese people put high trust in Russian Covid-19 vaccine
- Aging in Vietnam: The elderly to account for 20.4% by 2050
- One Covid-19 relapse suspect in Hanoi tests negative
- Vietnamese doctors carry out first-ever intestine transplants from live donors
- Vietnam successfully performs first simultaneous forearm transplant
- Two hotel employees in Hanoi exposed to Covid-19 patient test negative
- Vietnam may start human trial of Covid-19 vaccine this month
- Vietnam determined to remain safe from Covid-19 as winter nears
Vietnam, Laos resume flights
Big unexploded bomb removed from downtown Hanoi
Actual FDI in Vietnam down 2.4% to US$17.2 billion in Jan-Nov
Vietnam expects to massively produce own Covid-19 vaccine by mid-2022: Expert
Hanoi completes traffic infrastructure to develop satellite urban areas: Official
Close-up of first train of Hanoi’s second metro line put on rails
Apple partner Pegatron mulls US$1-billion investment in hi-tech projects in Vietnam
Hanoi’s weekend pedestrian streets allowed to reopen from September 18
European investors propose US$1 billion logistics project in Vietnam