March 25: One more doctor in Vietnam infected with coronavirus
The Hanoitimes - All the seven patients confirmed on Wednesday are Vietnamese.
Vietnam on Wednesday confirmed seven more people positive with the coronavirus, including a doctor who is in charge of taking care of Covid-19 patients in Hanoi, taking the tally to 141.
|Four medical staff in Vietnam have tested positive for the coronavirus. Photo: Kinhtedothi|
A 29-year-old female doctor was exposed to the virus when she took care of a British patient (Patient No.28) at the National Hospital of Tropical Diseases in Hanoi.
She is the second doctor in Vietnam infected with the virus. The first one is her colleague who joined the medical force in the fight against the pandemic in January 31.
So far, four medical staff have been infected with the virus, including two aforementioned doctors and two nurses at Bach Mai Hospital, one of the leading hospitals in Vietnam.
All the seven patients confirmed on Wednesday are Vietnamese. Of them, six returned from Europe and the US, including four students.
The additional cases lift up the figure in Hanoi to 50, and Ho Chi Minh City to 34 (including three recovered).
As of March 25, up to 17 people have recovered while 26 others have tested negative with the virus for one to three times each.
Of total 141 infected cases in Vietnam, 34 are foreigners, according to the Ministry of Health.
- April 7: Half of coronavirus cases in Vietnam recover
- Vietnam has sufficient equipment to take care of 10,000 Covid-19 patients
- April 6: 39% of Vietnam’s coronavirus infections recover
- Vietnam PM urges acceleration of ventilator production
- April 4: Suspected coronavirus cases in Vietnam fall by nearly 1,000 in a day
- April 3: Vietnam’s coronavirus cases hit 237, 85 recover
- Hanoi-based infectious catering firm asked to halt operations
- April 1: Vietnam’s Covid-19 case toll climbs to 218
- Japan-based firm supports Vietnam to produce ventilators for coronavirus patients
- How quick coronavirus testing stations in Hanoi work?
Vietnam rejects Beijing’s South China Sea claims at United Nations
Vietnam donates half million face masks to five European countries crippled by Covid-19
Hanoi mulls extending social distancing period: Mayor
April 7: Half of coronavirus cases in Vietnam recover
98% enterprises in Vietnam to benefit from fiscal stimulus package
A bird's eye view of Hanoi streets in social distancing period
Vietnam transport ministry proposes support for coronavirus-hit airlines
Vietnam crude oil and natural gas production face downside risks on Covid-19
Hanoi ensures abundant supply of consumer goods in 15-day social distancing