March 26: Vietnam confirms 12 new coronavirus cases, 10 from abroad
The Hanoitimes - The newly-identified cases drove the infection in Hanoi to 53 and Ho Chi Minh City to 41.
Vietnam saw another jump in coronavirus infections, 12, on March 26, taking the tally of cases to 153.
Up to 10 out of 12 additional cases were from abroad who are Vietnamese tourists, students, and workers coming back from the US, the UK, France, Germany, Australia, and Thailand.
|Deputy Health Minister Nguyen Truong Son talks to a Covid-19 patient at the National Hospital for Tropical Disease. Photo: Tuoi Tre|
Seven out of the additional cases are from Ho Chi Minh City, taking the city’s toll to 41.
Three others are from Hanoi, one in the central city of Danang, and one in the central province of Nghe An, according to the Ministry of Health.
Among the new cases, two are linked to Buddha bar in Ho Chi Minh City. So far, 10 Covid-19 patients are connected with the bar where a British pilot (Patient No.91) had visited before he was found positive with the virus.
According to the Ministry of Health, 37 infected people have tested negative for the virus for one or several times.
Due the complexity of the pandemic, the ministry has warned people off the crowds, stay home, keep social distancing, and wear masks.
Locals are also advised to call hotlines for protective measures and timely medical support.
As of March 27, Hanoi has the largest number of infection cases with 53 and Ho Chi Minh City ranks second with 41. No death has been reported so far.
- April 3: Vietnam’s coronavirus cases hit 237, 85 recover
- Hanoi-based infectious catering firm asked to halt operations
- April 1: Vietnam’s Covid-19 case toll climbs to 218
- Japan-based firm supports Vietnam to produce ventilators for coronavirus patients
- How quick coronavirus testing stations in Hanoi work?
- March 31: Vietnam finds four new coronavirus cases
- March 30: Vietnam’s coronavirus cases jump to 203, Bach Mai Hospital count hits 33
- Makeshift hospital built in Bach Mai Hospital, new corona hot spot in Hanoi
- Hanoi: 27 Covid-19 patients cured and discharged from hospital
- Strengthen pandemic countermeasures, Vietnam health ministry tells hospitals
Hanoi protests Beijing over sinking Vietnamese fishing boat in South China Sea
April 3: Vietnam’s coronavirus cases hit 237, 85 recover
Vietnam Fin Min expands fiscal stimulus package to US$7.64 billion
Hanoi to revise economic growth target as coronavirus fight intensifies
Vietnam crude oil and natural gas production face downside risks on Covid-19
Hanoi ensures abundant supply of consumer goods in 15-day social distancing
Vietnam's factory activity drops to record low on Covid-19
Vietnam identifies three coronavirus hot spots, including largest hospital
Foreign companies express commitment to Vietnam efforts against Covid-19