March 31: Vietnam finds four new coronavirus cases
The Hanoitimes - Today's new cases are considerably fewer compared to recent days.
Vietnam’s coronavirus cases rose to 207 on March 31 after four people tested positive for the virus, a modest rise in comparison with recent days.
Among the four new cases, one is linked to Bach Mai Hospital in Hanoi and three were found in Ho Chi Minh City, including one Brazilian, according to the Ministry of Health.
|Vietnam is making efforts to slow down the disease spread|
The latest cases bring the count in Hanoi to 86 (including 27 cured) and in Ho Chi Minh City to 50 (including 10 cured).
Meanwhile, the number of cases related to Bach Mai Hospital amounts to 34, keeping the hospital the biggest outbreak epicenter in the country.
As of March 31, 56 have recovered and been discharged of hospital. Two patients are expected to be released on April 1 after full recovery. The Covid-19 epidemic has affected 24 cities and provinces nationwide.
According to the National Committee for Search and Rescue of Vietnam (Vinasarcom), there remain 3,215 suspected cases while 81,943 people are under quarantine.
Of the total under quarantine, 31,603 are at military barracks, including 208 foreigners, 3,582 Vietnamese people returning to the country from China, 1,492 from South Korea and Japan, 4,772 from Europe and Australia, 304 from the US, 560 from the UK, and 18,593 from ASEAN countries.
- May 30: Newest Covid-19 patient in Vietnam is 1-year-old child
- May 27: Six more Vietnamese Covid-19 patients recover, 49 active cases left
- May 25: Vietnam reports one fresh coronavirus case, totaling 326
- Vietnam’s health ministry plans to repatriate Covid-19 British patient
- May 18: Vietnam coronavirus cases hit 324, latest infections are imported
- May 15: Vietnam records 25 new Covid-19 cases, all imported
- Vietnam mobilizes best doctors to cure British Covid-19 patient
- Lung transplant indicated for British Covid-19 patient
- May 12: Vietnam goes through 26 days without new local coronavirus infection
- May 11: Eight more Covid-19 patients in Vietnam recover, infection count flat
Vietnam gov’t waives taxes to boost economic recovery
More than 340 Vietnamese citizens brought home from Taiwan
May 30: Newest Covid-19 patient in Vietnam is 1-year-old child
Singapore PM congratulates Vietnam on handling of Covid-19
Predictable legal environment to help Vietnam attract FDI post Covid-19: NTT Data Vietnam CEO
Scorching heat strikes Hanoi with temperature surging to 40 degrees Celsius
Hanoi to build sewage collection system to revive its dying river
More monetary easing measures still to come in Vietnam: Fitch
Iconic lakes in Hanoi