MAY 13: Vietnam’s Danang becomes hotspot due to infection in industrial parks
Covid-19 infections have left one industrial park in Danang isolated.
Danang, the central city in Vietnam, confirmed 32 Covid-19 cases on May 13, mostly at industrial parks.
|An Don Industrial Park in Danang put on lockdown. Photo: Quang Hai/Kinhtedothi|
Some of the newly-infected cases are linked to An Don Industrial Park that was put on lockdown on May 12.
The northern provinces of Bac Giang and Bac Ninh reported 10 and 7 cases, respectively. The infections of both localities are all detected at industrial parks.
The additional infections have driven the country’s caseload to 3,710, including 684 cases since the resurgence of the virus on April 29, spanning 25 out of 63 cities and provinces.
Given rising infections at some industrial parks in Bac Ninh and Bac Giang, some surrounding provinces have imposed restrictions on the transport of workers through their localities for fear of Covid-19 infection.
The reality has troubled the daily routine and working schedules of workers in Bac Ninh. It has prompted Bac Ninh’s authorities to ask for some favor from neighboring provinces.
Bac Ninh is home to Samsung Electronics Vietnam (SEV) that employs around 40,000 workers.
Meanwhile, Hanoi has halted all crowd sports activities, including golf from May 13 until further notice.
On the day, the number of people under quarantine surged to 77,648, up 10% from the previous day.
- People-centered approach matters to subregion development in ASEAN: Vietnamese PM
- Vietnam works with WHO, CDC on Omicron variant
- Vietnamese President arrives in Moscow, affirming 70-year special ties with Russia
- Vietnam's warship arrives in Indonesia port for ASEAN-Russia Naval Exercise
- Health sector wants to suspend flights to/from Omicron-affected countries
- Vietnam promotes production of Covid-19 drugs, vaccines
- EFTA – spotlight in Vietnamese President’s visit to Switzerland
- Vietnamese PM puts forth priorities to bolster cooperation in ASEM
- Denmark supports Vietnam US$1 mln in improving quality of official statistics
- Vietnamese President leaves for Switzerland, Russia visits
Vietnam to complete vaccination program for adults by mid-December: PM
Avoiding economic disruption key for Vietnam to stay competitive: JETRO
Vietnamese composers win Music Against Child Labour song competition
Fostering creativity from Hanoi’s cultural resources
Wild pear flower season comes early on the streets of Hanoi
Businesses recovery vital for Vietnam’s economic prospects: Expert
Safe, flexible adaptation to Covid-19 remains priority for Vietnam in 2022
Vietnam joins the world to end violence against women
Japanese giants pledge further support for Vietnam