May 25: Vietnam reports one fresh coronavirus case, totaling 326
The Hanoitimes - Vietnam has reported no new coronavirus cases of local transmission since April 16.
Vietnam’s Ministry of Health has confirmed one new coronavirus case on Monday, lifting the case count to 326.
|Since April 16, all new coronavirus cases in Vietnam have been imported. Photo: Zing|
The latest case is a student returning to the country from France on May 24. She and other passengers on the same flight were quarantined upon arrival.
Also on Monday, five more Covid-19 patients in the country recovered, raising the number of convalescents to 272 or 84% of the country’s total infections.
So far, Vietnam has gone 40 days without local transmission.
|Vietnam's coronavirus infections (red) and convalescents (green) over the last two weeks. Source: Ministry of Health|
Thanks to the results, Vietnam has reopened the economy and resumed tourist activities with a focus on domestic travelers. Borders remain closed, except for repatriation flights.
The government has been pursuing the dual goal of fighting the coronavirus and reviving the economy.
The National Steering Committee on Covid-19 Prevention and Control has continued conducting protective measures and called on people to uphold vigilance for the virus.
As of May 25, the number of people under quarantine was more than 15,400, according to the Ministry of Health.
- Health experts ring alarm bell on coronavirus this winter
- Vietnam's top health official urges strict vigilance against Covid-19
- US, China donate ventilators and masks to aid Vietnam’s Covid-19 combat
- Hanoi’s 10th grader bags gold at Int’l Mathematical Olympiad 2020
- Telehealth in Vietnam connects over 1,000 health centers
- Last patient discharged from hospital, Danang free of Covid-19
- Vietnam to add medical supplies and equipment to national reserves
- Vietnam undergoes a week without local coronavirus infections
Japan strongly condemns all acts escalating tensions in South China Sea: PM Suga
Japan PM Suga makes surprise visit to Hoan Kiem lake
Historic flooding in central Vietnam: 102 dead and 26 missing
Close-up of first train of Hanoi’s second metro line put on rails
Apple partner Pegatron mulls US$1-billion investment in hi-tech projects in Vietnam
Hanoi’s weekend pedestrian streets allowed to reopen from September 18
European investors propose US$1 billion logistics project in Vietnam
Vietnam says ASEAN doesn’t want to get trapped between competition of major powers
Vietnam launches advisory message to prevent Covid-19 spread