May 27: Six more Vietnamese Covid-19 patients recover, 49 active cases left
The Hanoitimes - The country has gone 41 consecutive days without community infection.
Six more Covid-19 patients in Vietnam were confirmed to be negative with the coronavirus on May 27, bringing the number of recovered cases to 278 or 85% of the country’s total infections.
|All repatriated people are quarantined upon arrival. Photo: Zing|
On the same day, no new coronavirus cases have been reported, lengthening the streak of days without new local transmission to 41 days.
Meanwhile, the latest infected cases are Vietnamese citizens returning from Russia. So far, as many as 33 Covid-19 patients, including two attendants of national flag carrier Vietnam Airlines, arrived from a repatriation flight from Russia on May 13.
Since the infection of its attendants, Vietnam Airlines has required all passengers to use personal protective equipment including suit, face mask, and gloves.
|New infections (red) and convalescents (green) in Vietnam over the past two weeks. Source: Ministry of Health|
Currently, 49 active cases are under treatment at central and provincial hospitals.
Patient No.91, a 43-year-old British man who works as a pilot for Vietnam Airlines, has been confirmed to be free of the coronavirus after six consecutive tests. However, he remains in critical condition, depending on extracorporeal membrane oxygenation (ECMO), a method of life support, in a Ho Chi Minh City hospital, according to the Ministry of Health.
As of May 27, 9,797 people are under quarantine, including 55 at hospitals, 7,535 at concentrated centers, and 2,150 at home and lodging facilities.
- Suspected Indonesia national in Vietnam tests negative for coronavirus
- Vietnam to conduct human trial of Covid-19 vaccine
- British Covid-19 patient in Vietnam may return home on July 12
- UK ambassador thanks Vietnam for sparing no efforts to save British pilot
- Vietnam gains first success with home-made Covid-19 vaccine
- Vietnam reports three new imported coronavirus cases, tally rises to 352
- Vietnam hospital prepares to send British Covid-19 patient home
- British pilot in Vietnam no longer needs lung transplant
- June 14: British pilot Covid-19 patient in Vietnam recovers 'miraculously'
- June 8: Vietnam has 3 fresh coronavirus cases, 95% of patients cured
Vietnam protests China's military exercises in South China Sea
Seismic surveys in Vietnam EEZ must be authorized by Hanoi: Spokesperson
Hanoi – safe investment destination post Covid-19
Hanoi committed to supporting businesses to overcome Covid-19 crisis: Mayor
ASEAN Summit in Hanoi expected to boost intra-regional economic links
Hanoi works closely with ADB to ensure progress of urban infrastructure projects
Vietnam Airlines retakes Jetstar Pacific from Qantas
Hanoi strives to ensure safe and stable investment environment for investors
Removal of permanent residency requirement to pressurize Hanoi's budget