May 27: Six more Vietnamese Covid-19 patients recover, 49 active cases left
The country has gone 41 consecutive days without community infection.
Six more Covid-19 patients in Vietnam were confirmed to be negative with the coronavirus on May 27, bringing the number of recovered cases to 278 or 85% of the country’s total infections.
|All repatriated people are quarantined upon arrival. Photo: Zing|
On the same day, no new coronavirus cases have been reported, lengthening the streak of days without new local transmission to 41 days.
Meanwhile, the latest infected cases are Vietnamese citizens returning from Russia. So far, as many as 33 Covid-19 patients, including two attendants of national flag carrier Vietnam Airlines, arrived from a repatriation flight from Russia on May 13.
Since the infection of its attendants, Vietnam Airlines has required all passengers to use personal protective equipment including suit, face mask, and gloves.
|New infections (red) and convalescents (green) in Vietnam over the past two weeks. Source: Ministry of Health|
Currently, 49 active cases are under treatment at central and provincial hospitals.
Patient No.91, a 43-year-old British man who works as a pilot for Vietnam Airlines, has been confirmed to be free of the coronavirus after six consecutive tests. However, he remains in critical condition, depending on extracorporeal membrane oxygenation (ECMO), a method of life support, in a Ho Chi Minh City hospital, according to the Ministry of Health.
As of May 27, 9,797 people are under quarantine, including 55 at hospitals, 7,535 at concentrated centers, and 2,150 at home and lodging facilities.
- PM urges faster Covid-19 spring vaccination campaign
- Vietnam confirms first community cases of Omicron
- Health departments asked to ensure medicine supply during Tet
- PM urges acceleration of Covid-19 vaccination rollout amid Omicron fears
- Three drugs with molnupiravir are licensed to treat Covid-19 patients
- Vietnam’s localities asked to keep Omicron out
- Vietnam's first confirmed Omicron patient discharged from Hanoi hospital
- Vietnam detects 14 more Omicron-infected patients
- First oral Covid-19 vaccine to be tested in Vietnam
- Vietnam reports first Omicron Covid-19 patient
Vietnam Airlines resumes scheduled flights to Europe
PM urges faster Covid-19 spring vaccination campaign
Vietnam's tourism to be fully restored by April 30
Hanoi: Hang Luoc Flower market opened
Vietnam expected to be ASEAN’s fastest-growing economy in 2022: ADB
Face-to-face schooling resumption urged in the new normal
Funeral of Vietnamese peacekeeper die on duty
Grand old peach trees grace Hanoi’s streets
Culinary film festival to open virtually in Vietnam