nCoV: Vietnam people warned off crowd, more hotlines set up
The Hanoitimes - People have been advised to keep away from the crowd and wear medical masks.
Vietnam’s Ministry of Health (MOH) has warned residents to avoid the crowd if unnecessary in the context that the number of new coronavirus (nCoV)-caused infections has risen to eight in the country.
The ministry has advised residents to wear medical masks when they are outside and to keep distance with people at risks of nCoV-caused respiratory sickness.
The ministry has issued a number of document guiding the prevention and control of the nCoV and instructions how to wash hands and wear medical masks correctly.
Meanwhile, residents have been aware of protecting themselves from the epidemic by avoiding crowds and wearing medical masks for schoolchildren in classes.
Notably, the ministry announces two national emergency lines namely 19009095 and 19003228 that provide free calls for information relating to the nCoV and 21 hotlines at 21 hospitals across the country.
In another move, the Vietnam Social Security has announced that they will facilitate the payment for people covered by health insurance in the checkup and treatment of nCoV-caused respiratory sickness.
As of February 3, Vietnam has confirmed eight individuals infected with the coronavirus, including two Chinese men, four Vietnamese citizens coming back from China’s Wuhan City, one American who transited in Wuhan, and one Vietnamese receptionist who had contacted with the infected Chinese nationals.
So far, the epidemic has spread to 27 countries and territories, being confirmed in 17,389 people, including 184 outside China, causing 362 deaths including one outside China (in the Philippines).
- Vietnam repatriates citizens from Netherlands, France, Japan
- Japanese firm alleged to bribe Vietnam tax officials with US$232,000
- Vietnam named best Covid-19 performer globally: Politico
- Vietnam continues repatriating citizens as global coronavirus cases pass 5 million
- Vietnam yet to declare end of Covid-19 after 36 days without community infection
- Vietnam takes lead in support for government’s pandemic handling
- Time is ripe for Vietnam to join Abolition of Forced Labor Convention
- Huge shipment of made-in-Vietnam personal protective equipment arrives in New York
- US CDC commits US$3.9 million for Covid-19 activities in Vietnam
- Vietnam repatriates citizens from India amid tightened lockdown
Vietnam repatriates citizens from Netherlands, France, Japan
May 25: Vietnam reports one fresh coronavirus case, totaling 326
Japanese firm alleged to bribe Vietnam tax officials with US$232,000
Hanoi to allow advertising rights in exchange for 600 bus stop shelters
Scorching heat strikes Hanoi with temperature surging to 40 degrees Celsius
Hanoi to build sewage collection system to revive its dying river
More monetary easing measures still to come in Vietnam: Fitch
Iconic lakes in Hanoi
Vietnam’s Northwest terraced paddy fields in snapshots