New wave of investment from Japan is coming to Vietnam: Ambassador
The Hanoitimes - Japan considers Vietnam one of the most favorable investment destinations in Asia, said Japanese Ambassador to Vietnam Yamada Takio.
The fact that more and more major Japanese corporations are eyeing Vietnam as an attractive investment destination could form a new wave of foreign direct investment (FDI) from Japan to Vietnam in the coming time, according to Japanese Ambassador to Vietnam Yamada Takio.
|Japanese Ambassador to Vietnam Yamada Takio and Politburo member Tran Quoc Vuong. Photo: Vietnam News Agency.|
Japan considers Vietnam one of the most favorable investment destinations in Asian, Takio stressed in a meeting with Executive Secretary of the Communist Party of Vietnam Central Committee’s Secretariat Tran Quoc Vuong on July 8.
According to Takio, Japan attaches significance to the Vietnam – Japan strategic partnership, as well as Vietnam’s role in the region and the global stage.
To further boost the bilateral relations, Politburo member Vuong requested Takio to contribute to the two countries’ cooperation, especially in investment, trade, economy and security.
As the Covid-19 pandemic goes on, Vuong hoped the Japanese government to continue providing support for the Vietnamese community in Japan.
Vuong wished the Japanese government and people to soon overcome the severe consequences left by torrential rains in the Kyushu region and other parts of the country.
Official data shows that out of 98 countries and territories investing in Vietnam in the first six months of 2020, Japan ranked fourth, ahead of South Korean which was in fifth place. Singapore took the lead with US$5.44 billion, or 34.7% of the total FDI to Vietnam. Thailand came second with US$1.58 billion, while the third place belonged to China with nearly US$1.58 billion.
- Half of Japan firms planning to diversify supply chains pick Vietnam: Abe Shinzo
- Samsung plans to shift Chinese PC production to Vietnam: Nikkei
- 5,000 more S.Korean experts, businesspeople waiting to enter Vietnam
- Actual FDI in Vietnam down 4% to US$10.12 billion in 7 months
- Vietnam gov’t to offer extraordinary incentives for high-impact FDI projects
- Regional countries shocked at Japanese firms choosing Vietnam as investment destination: JETRO
- Vietnam remains selective in attracting FDI projects
- US$10 billion offshore wind power project to be developed central Vietnam
- Vietnam gov't to consider new power development plan later this year
- Vietnam urged to be cautious about Chinese investment
PM urges Hanoi to soon achieve upper-middle income level status
August 8: Vietnam’s Covid-19 tally hits 789, more cases linked to Danang
Cuba donates antiviral drug to help Vietnam cure Covid-19 patients
Hanoi starts fining people for not wearing face masks in public
Vietnam stock market needs upgrading to emerging status soon: PM
ASEAN Summit in Hanoi expected to boost intra-regional economic links
Hanoi works closely with ADB to ensure progress of urban infrastructure projects
Vietnam Airlines retakes Jetstar Pacific from Qantas
Hanoi strives to ensure safe and stable investment environment for investors