New wave of investment from Japan is coming to Vietnam: Ambassador
The Hanoitimes - Japan considers Vietnam one of the most favorable investment destinations in Asia, said Japanese Ambassador to Vietnam Yamada Takio.
The fact that more and more major Japanese corporations are eyeing Vietnam as an attractive investment destination could form a new wave of foreign direct investment (FDI) from Japan to Vietnam in the coming time, according to Japanese Ambassador to Vietnam Yamada Takio.
|Japanese Ambassador to Vietnam Yamada Takio and Politburo member Tran Quoc Vuong. Photo: Vietnam News Agency.|
Japan considers Vietnam one of the most favorable investment destinations in Asian, Takio stressed in a meeting with Executive Secretary of the Communist Party of Vietnam Central Committee’s Secretariat Tran Quoc Vuong on July 8.
According to Takio, Japan attaches significance to the Vietnam – Japan strategic partnership, as well as Vietnam’s role in the region and the global stage.
To further boost the bilateral relations, Politburo member Vuong requested Takio to contribute to the two countries’ cooperation, especially in investment, trade, economy and security.
As the Covid-19 pandemic goes on, Vuong hoped the Japanese government to continue providing support for the Vietnamese community in Japan.
Vuong wished the Japanese government and people to soon overcome the severe consequences left by torrential rains in the Kyushu region and other parts of the country.
Official data shows that out of 98 countries and territories investing in Vietnam in the first six months of 2020, Japan ranked fourth, ahead of South Korean which was in fifth place. Singapore took the lead with US$5.44 billion, or 34.7% of the total FDI to Vietnam. Thailand came second with US$1.58 billion, while the third place belonged to China with nearly US$1.58 billion.
- Samsung heir to seek business opportunities in 3-day Vietnam trip
- Samsung heir to discuss investment plans in trip to Vietnam this week
- Urgent steps needed for Vietnam to attract high quality FDI
- Actual FDI in Vietnam down 3.2% to US$13.76 billion in Jan-Sept
- Only 5% FDI projects in Vietnam use high technologies
- Hyundai starts building US$138-million automobile plant in Vietnam
- Apple partner Pegatron mulls US$1-billion investment in hi-tech projects in Vietnam
- Singapore enterprises hold Vietnam business environment in high regards
- European investors propose US$1 billion logistics project in Vietnam
- Vietnam ranked world’s second M&A attractive market: Euromonitor
Vietnam PM dismisses deliberate devaluation of currency
Vietnam braces for new strong storm Molave
Hanoi Party chief requests urgent solution of garbage crisis
Vietnam’s packaged food enjoys double-digit growth in post Covid-19: Kantar
Hanoi completes traffic infrastructure to develop satellite urban areas: Official
Close-up of first train of Hanoi’s second metro line put on rails
Apple partner Pegatron mulls US$1-billion investment in hi-tech projects in Vietnam
Hanoi’s weekend pedestrian streets allowed to reopen from September 18
European investors propose US$1 billion logistics project in Vietnam