Nhat Tan peach trees in full blossom to welcome Tet
The Hanoitimes - The weather in the time of traditional Tet celebration over the past three years has been hotter leading to the early bloom of peach flowers.
Due to the hot weather, peach trees in the Nhat Tan Garden, one of the largest suppliers of peach flowers in Hanoi, are in full bloom, ready to flood the downtown markets during the Tet holiday.
These days, visitors and customers flock to the Nhat Tan peach village, mostly traders looking for trees or branches of flowering peaches. "I bought this peach tree in the garden for VND1 million (US$43) to sell at the downtown flower market next week," a salesman said.
The weather in the time of traditional Tet celebration over the past three years has been hotter leading to the early bloom of peach flowers. In spite of it, some gardeners said that big peach trees are still in the good shapes and produce many buds.
Some peach trees in Nhat Tan are even taller than a person.
Large peach trees are usually not for sale, but are rented at prices ranging from VND5 million
(US$216) to billions of dongs, depending on how large the trees and their shapes are. When the Tet is finished, the trees will be returned to the gardeners who will care for it until the next Tet.
A peach tree for rent with price of VND10 million (US$430) is delivered to the province of Hai Duong, around 50km from Hanoi.
This year, gardeners in Nhat Tan also earn more income from visitors coming to take photos with peach blossoms.
Some trees are so large that they need to be transported by trucks.
- Hanoi searches coronavirus at city entrances
- Hanoi ensures abundant supply of consumer goods in 15-day social distancing
- Hanoi determined to stamp out Covid-19 at Bach Mai Hospital: Mayor
- Wiping out Covid-19 in Bach Mai Hospital is a priority: Party official
- Hanoi sets up 10 quick Covid-19 testing stations
- Hanoi industrial production growth slows to 4.44% in Q1
- Hanoi mayor proposes some public entities be closed to curb Covid-19
- Hanoi implements effective solutions against Covid-19 pandemic
- What essential services in Hanoi stay open?
- Largest hospital in Vietnam locked down after 12 Covid-19 patients found
Hanoi searches coronavirus at city entrances
What businesses in Hanoi remain operational during nationwide isolation?
Vietnam provides US$1.3-billion relief package for corona-hit vulnerable people
Hanoi ensures abundant supply of consumer goods in 15-day social distancing
Vietnam's factory activity drops to record low on Covid-19
Vietnam identifies three coronavirus hot spots, including largest hospital
Foreign companies express commitment to Vietnam efforts against Covid-19
Hanoi implements effective solutions against Covid-19 pandemic
Hanoi’s streets become deserted due to business restriction order