No Boeing 777 aircraft currently operational in Vietnam
The Hanoitimes - In the past, a number of Vietnamese airlines used to operate Boeing 777 aircraft, however, all had been liquidated in the 2017-18 period.
All Vietnamese airlines have disused Boeing 777 planes, while no Boeing 777 flying in the country’s airspace.
|United Airlines' Boeing 777-200 at Denver International Airport. Photo: AFP/VNA|
A senior official from the Civil Aviation Authority of Vietnam (CAA) made the statement following news that dozens of Boeing 777 aircraft have been grounded across the world as a result of an engine failure on a United Airlines flight last Saturday.
In the past, a number of airlines in Vietnam used to operate Boeing 777 aircraft, however, all had been liquidated in the 2017-18 period.
“While the CAA has not given any decision to ground the plane model, but the fact that Boeing has recommended a temporarily suspension of Boeing 777 flights worldwide means no Boeing 777 would fly through Vietnamese airspace,” he added.
The CAA also stressed despite many Vietnamese airlines planning to open Vietnam-US direct flight route have expressed interests on the new Boeing 777x, no airlines have so far signed a purchasing contract for the model.
United Airlines is currently the only US airline operating Boeing 777 planes with Pratt & Whitney PW4000-112 turbines.
United Flight 328, a Boeing 777-200 bound for Honolulu, made an emergency landing at Denver International Airport shortly after takeoff on February 20 after its right engine failed, with no injuries were reported on board the plane, reported CNBC.
- Vietnam begins Covid-19 vaccination today
- Vietnam ready for its first vaccination program on March 8
- Vaccine production must be sped up: Vietnam Deputy PM
- MAR 6: Coronavirus cases in Vietnam pandemic epicenter surpasses 700
- Hanoi required to verify accusations of molestation toward foreigners in West Lake
- Vietnam overtakes Asia’s leading position of Bhutan in the happiness index: Russia Press
- Vietnam, Singapore explore vaccine passport option
- Vietnam’s ambassador to Argentina begins new term
- Vietnam repatriates citizens from Myanmar
- March 4: Vietnam confirms no new Covid-19 cases
Vietnam Ao dai Week 2021 has been strongly responded
Vietnam begins Covid-19 vaccination today
Domestic tourism stimulation: March promotions launched
PM expects more Vietnamese multinationals to emerge by 2045
Vietnam eyes potential of homemade Covid-19 vaccine
Securities association expresses concern over prospect of 1,000 shares minimum trading lot
Vietnam repatriates citizens from Myanmar
Online schooling - a challenge for students and teachers
Vietnam Airlines attendant prosecuted for spreading Covid-19