Officially: VOV acquires ASIAD 2018 broadcast rights
The Hanoitimes - Vietnamese audiences will have a chance to watch the live stream all sporting events within the Asian Games (ASIAD) 2018 on VTC channels, or smart phones and smart TV through the firm’s app VTC Now, or at its online newspapers at vov.vn and vtc.vn from August 22.
The Vietnamese football team at ASIAD 2018.
VOV earned the broadcast rights with the sponsorship of Viettel Telecom Corporation and Vingroup Joint Stock Company.
Earlier, the firm which holds the copyright to broadcast the ASIAD 2018 has required Thailand to apply geographical restrictions to prevent Vietnamese fans from watching all the matches through Youtube.
Vietnamese fans, therefore, had to find alternatives to watch the games on free livestreaming channels through Facebook and Youtube, including those from Thailand as Vietnam National Television (VTV) claims it could not afford to buy the broadcast rights of ASIAD 2018 from South Korea-based KJSM World Corp.
The 2018 Asian Games is a pan-Asian multi-sport event being held from August 18 to September 2 in the Indonesian cities of Jakarta and Palembang. For the first time, the Asian Games are being co-hosted in two cities: the Indonesian capital of Jakarta (which is hosting the Games for the first time since 1962), and Palembang, the capital of South Sumatra province.
The ASIAD 2018 has entered the third competing day on August 21. Vietnam now ranks 16th in the medal tally with two silver and four bronze medals.
- Vietnam allows bars and karaoke parlors to reopen
- Hanoi may host F1 in November, but without int’l spectators
- My Dinh stadium in Hanoi selected among best stadiums in SE Asia
- Vietnam’s online book fair expected to reach 10 million hits
- Hanoians enjoy meaningful cultural activities on Tet
- Spring Book Fair launched in downtown Hanoi to celebrate Lunar New Year
- Satisfying Tet fireworks show in Hanoi
- Amazing annual Tet market selling antiques in Hanoi
- Five Tet theme picture-taking hotspots in Hanoi
- Hanoi's Old Quarter flower market overwhelmed with lucky red color
US looks to further boost comprehensive partnership with Hanoi: Ambassador
F1 race could take place in Hanoi this November
Hanoi to tap into domestic market to achieve socio-economic targets for 2020
Japan thanks Vietnam for accommodating warship plane
ASEAN Summit in Hanoi expected to boost intra-regional economic links
Hanoi works closely with ADB to ensure progress of urban infrastructure projects
Vietnam Airlines retakes Jetstar Pacific from Qantas
Hanoi strives to ensure safe and stable investment environment for investors
Removal of permanent residency requirement to pressurize Hanoi's budget