Passenger flow at Hanoi airport surges as domestic tourism recovers
The Hanoitimes - The domestic aviation market has gradually recovered in the past two months.
The passenger throughput handled by Noi Bai International Airport since early September has tripled the figure of August as travel demand has returned to business as usual after the Covid-19 pandemic has been brought under control, Zing News reported.
|Noi Bai airport records three-fold rise in passenger traffic in September compared to August. Photo: Vietnam Airlines|
The domestic aviation market has gradually recovered as the airport welcomed an average of 300 flights with an average of 42,000 passengers per day in the first week of October.
According to the airport operator, since the beginning of September, the passenger traffic through the airport has increased by 15-25% per week. In particular, in the last days of September, Noi Bai airport handled nearly 340 flights with nearly 50,000 passengers per day.
This shows a strong recovery in the aviation industry compared to August after the pandemic broke out again in Danang, as by that time, Noi Bai only handled 118 flights with around 13,000 passengers a day.
ACV, the operator of the airport, also believed that with the resumption of commercial international flights and the government's tourism stimulus policy, air transport volume will certainly continue to grow in the future.
Previously, the Vietnam Civil Aviation Authority (CAAV) asked the Ministry of Transport to shorten the closing time of Noi Bai International Airport between 0:30 am and 6:00 am, instead of 0:30 am and 6:30 am.
Inbound flights to Vietnam have been temporarily halted pending guidance from the Ministry of Health on the process of passenger isolation.
- Vietnam trade surplus hits new record of US$18.72 billion in 10-month
- Vietnam seeks sustainable trade relations with US
- Vietnam’s packaged food enjoys double-digit growth in post Covid-19: Kantar
- Over 200 Vietnam firms to join Factory Network Business Expo Hanoi 2020
- EU-Vietnam Business Council founded to support implementation of EVFTA
- Vietnam records world’s highest trade growth in Q3: UNCTAD
- VEPR revises down Vietnam's 2020 GDP growth forecast to 2.8%
- Vietnam e-commerce market may lose US$2.6 billion on Covid-19
- Vietnam: Lessons drawn from first gov’t Covid-19 relief package
- Vietnam economic recovery firms up in September: WB
Hanoi enforces face mask wearing regulation in public places: Mayor
Hanoi urged to complete construction of waste-to-energy plant soon
Hanoi's second metro project progresses on schedule
Hanoi expected to realize disbursement target of ODA funds in 2020
Hanoi completes traffic infrastructure to develop satellite urban areas: Official
Close-up of first train of Hanoi’s second metro line put on rails
Apple partner Pegatron mulls US$1-billion investment in hi-tech projects in Vietnam
Hanoi’s weekend pedestrian streets allowed to reopen from September 18
European investors propose US$1 billion logistics project in Vietnam