Photo exhibition celebrates 75th anniversary of National Day
The Hanoitimes - The photo exhibition will take place from August 31 at the Imperial Citadel of Thang Long - Hanoi.
About 100 documents and images about the history of Thang Long-Hanoi will be displayed at a photo exhibition themed “Independence” at the Imperial Citadel of Thang Long to celebrate the 75th anniversaries of the August Revolution (August 19, 1945 - August 19, 2020) and the National Day (September 2).
|People in Nghe An province took actions to seize power, August 21, 1945. Source: Vietnam National Museum of History|
The exhibition is divided in three thematic areas: Aspiration for National Independence, Independence Day, Spreading Aspiration for Independence.
From the 10th century to the 20th century, Vietnam went through many invasions, however, its sovereignty and independence were always safeguarded. That proves the true value of Vietnamese people which lies in their Aspiration for Independence and Freedom.
|Mountains and Rivers of the Southern Vietnam. Source: The Complete Annals of Dai Viet.|
The Imperial Citadel of Thang Long - Hanoi is associated with important events and cultural and artistic values of Vietnam during its process of formation and development as an independent nation for nearly a millennium, and also its process of formation as a modern nation in Asia.
The Imperial Citadel bears a great number of relics related to such events. One of them that took place here was when President Ho Chi Minh called upon the people to launch the August Revolution in Hanoi, and when he read the Declaration of Independence at Ba Dinh square - now located in the surrounding area of the Heritage site.
The exhibition has its online version at the website: trungbayonline.hoangthanhthanglong.vn.
- Hanoi honors 16 winners of 1,010th founding anniversary contest
- Ly Thai To flower garden bears Thang Long - Hanoi’s imprint
- Understanding Vietnam's independence at exhibition in Ho Chi Minh Museum
- Photo exhibition celebrates 75th anniversary of National Day
- “1010 years of Thang Long – Hanoi” wins propaganda poster creation contest
- Hanoi ensures safety for tourists during National Day holiday
- Vietnam to hold online book exhibition to celebrate National Day
- Exploring ancient mansion of unique architecture in Hanoi
- Snapshots of trams reminisce about old Hanoi
- Ho Chi Minh relics welcome thousands of visitors over the weekend
Logistics firms in Hanoi only meet 25% of demand: City Party chief
Hoan Kiem lake, fantastic place in the heart of Hanoi
European businesses see Q4 investment more promising in Vietnam
How Vietnam weathers global health crisis and rises?
Hanoi completes traffic infrastructure to develop satellite urban areas: Official
Close-up of first train of Hanoi’s second metro line put on rails
Apple partner Pegatron mulls US$1-billion investment in hi-tech projects in Vietnam
Hanoi’s weekend pedestrian streets allowed to reopen from September 18
European investors propose US$1 billion logistics project in Vietnam