Wiping out Covid-19 in Bach Mai Hospital is a priority: Party official
The Hanoitimes - Hanoi's government will provide Covid-19 testing equipment and conduct testing for all doctors and patients as per request by Bach Mai Hospital.
Hanoi will give priority to supporting Ministry of Health-run Bach Mai Hospital to conduct quick testing and identify coronavirus-infected people, Kinhtedothi.vn quoted Secretary of the municipal Party Committee Vuong Dinh Hue as saying at a meeting on March 30.
The statement was made after a request by an official of the hospital which has become a serious coronavirus hot spot in the city.
|Hanoi gives priority to support Bach Mai Hospital. Photo: Thanh Hai|
The city government will provide Covid-19 testing equipment and conduct testing for all doctors and patients as per request by Bach Mai Hospital, Hue said.
Besides, Hanoi's authorities will put staff and doctors of Bach Mai Hospital in quarantine at a hotel in the capital city so that they can recover strength after intense work.
Hanoi's Party chief asked the Hanoi Police to ensure security and safety for Bach Mai Hospital, receive and deliver meals and other basic necessities for doctors, nurses and patients in the hospital, which is under lockdown.
Hue also asked the Capital Military High Command to be in charge of physicians’ mobility in accordance with regulations on safety in the epidemic time.
Hanoi is fighting the epidemic under the principle of fast tracing, mandatory isolation and extensive testing.
As of March 31, 33 Covid-19 patients are linked to Bach Mai Hospital. All people working there are under quarantine with good conditions and stable mood.
- Hanoi targets higher administrative reform performance in 2020
- Hanoi tourism industry urged to speed up plan to lure domestic visitors
- Hanoi promotes consumption of farm produce post Covid-19
- Hanoi industrial production recovers in May
- Hanoi delivers aid to almost all people hit by Covid-19
- Hanoi receives 24 South Korea-donated automatic air monitoring stations
- FDI commitments to Hanoi up 6.1% in Jan-May
- Hanoi's first metro line: Inaugural date remains unknown
- Building e-government is urgent for Hanoi: Mayor
- Hanoi stands ready for new capital inflows from Japan: Party official
Vietnam gov’t waives taxes to boost economic recovery
More than 340 Vietnamese citizens brought home from Taiwan
May 30: Newest Covid-19 patient in Vietnam is 1-year-old child
Singapore PM congratulates Vietnam on handling of Covid-19
Predictable legal environment to help Vietnam attract FDI post Covid-19: NTT Data Vietnam CEO
Scorching heat strikes Hanoi with temperature surging to 40 degrees Celsius
Hanoi to build sewage collection system to revive its dying river
More monetary easing measures still to come in Vietnam: Fitch
Iconic lakes in Hanoi