Promoting cultural activities in walking streets around Hoan Kiem Lake
The Hanoitimes - An array of unique cultural events of provinces and cities nationwide and foreign countries will be organised in the pedestrian space around Hoan Kiem Lake this year, according to Director of Hanoi Department of Culture and Sports To Van Dong.
Director of the municipal Department of Culture and Sports To Van Dong said that since last September, many art and cultural activities have brought to the new walkways, such as traditional music performances at King Ly Thai To Garden and traditional folk music performances such as Xam, Xoan and Ca Tru at Ngoc Son and Ba Kieu Temples.
Photo for illustration.
In the coming time, Hanoi city will work with the provinces of Quang Binh, Lao Cai, Son La to introduce unique artistic programmes such as Bai Choi singing and Mong ethnic cuisine for local residents on Dinh Tien Hoang and Hang Khay streets.
Besides, the Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism in collaboration with the municipal Department of Culture and Sports are planning to organise a culture and tourism promotion conference with many highlights, themed "Quang Binh in the heart of Hanoi".
The programme will include special art performances about Quang Binh province which will take place in Hanoi Opera House with the participation of many famous singers from March 25-27.
Moreover, the city is scheduled to strengthen the organisation of international art exchange activities.
The concert, dubbed Vietnam Airlines Classic-Hanoi concert 2017, will take place at 19:45 in the unique cultural setting at Ly Thai To Statute and Garden. The event is also part of the city’s activities to popularise culture and tourism to international friends.
In addition, the city's cultural sector is setting up the plans to host food festivals of ASEAN, France and other European nations in the walking streets around Hoan Kiem Lake this year.
- Hanoi proposes solutions to complete satellite urban planning project
- Hanoi must tighten Covid-19 discipline: Municipal Party chief
- Hanoi to realize Red river zoning plan to serve smart city development
- Hanoi targets to cut greenhouse gas emissions by 15% in 2030
- Hanoi's economic growth set to reach 3.94% this year
- Sleepless night in Hanoi as people looking for bargain deals
- Switzerland eyes signing of Vietnam–EFTA trade deal next year: Amb.
- Hanoi targets to have 10 logistics centers
- Hanoi pushes for cooperation with peers to boost domestic consumption
- Logistics firms in Hanoi only meet 25% of demand: City Party chief
Vietnam leaders congratulate US elected president Joe Biden
Vietnam starts new flight payment plan for returnees
Some Covid-19-related businesses in Ho Chi Minh City suspended
Vietnam wins at World Travel Awards 2020
Vietnam expects to massively produce own Covid-19 vaccine by mid-2022: Expert
Hanoi completes traffic infrastructure to develop satellite urban areas: Official
Close-up of first train of Hanoi’s second metro line put on rails
Apple partner Pegatron mulls US$1-billion investment in hi-tech projects in Vietnam
Hanoi’s weekend pedestrian streets allowed to reopen from September 18