Real estate transactions in Hanoi plunge in Jan-Feb on coronavirus fears
The Hanoitimes - Hanoi, the city of a nine-million population, needs approximate 600,000 apartments per year.
Transactions of real estate in Hanoi sharply fell in the first two months this year due to impacts of the outbreak of a novel coronavirus.
|Real estate transactions in Hanoi remain modest in January-February. Photo: Geleximco|
Announcements on real estate sales in January fell 21% from the previous year and annoucenments on searching property products dropped 31% on-year, according to the municipal government’s website.
The spread of Covid-19 made people hesitant to come to the site for the location, position, and direction of the apartment or house of their interest, Nguyen Quoc Anh, deputy general director of real estate news website Batdongsan.com.vn, explained.
Anh attributed fears for the epidemic to the hesitance, saying that real estate transactions became low in the priority list of customers.
A number of events relating to launching ceremony, customer care services, and introducing samples had been cancelled between January and February, Mr. Anh was quoted as saying.
Another reason attributing to the limited number of transactions in the first two months was people’s indifference in this sector after the biggest holiday – the Lunar New Year or Tet holiday, Anh said.
Despite few transactions, prices of real estate, mainly detached houses and apartments, in Hanoi remained unchanged in the two-month period, the expert said.
To aid the market, Anh said the government should provide some incentives including lower interest rates. The preferential policy would enable people at ages of 25-35 to buy houses or apartments instead of those aged between 45 and 60 like before.
- M&A in Vietnam’s hospitality industry lures foreign investors post-Covid
- Vietnam set to become shelter for foreign real estate investment post-Covid-19
- Hanoi announces lists of housing projects open for foreign ownership
- BRG Danang Golf Resort offers 36-hole golf masterpiece by world’s top course designers Nicklaus & Norman
- Vietnam’s northern industrial property market: Land prices rise amidst pandemic
- Hanoi’s Q1 apartment supply touches five-year low: JLL
- Covid-19 hits Hanoi retail market, landlords take support measures
- Hanoi office market in Q1: No new supply recorded
- Hanoi’s retail property market suffers from Covid-19
- Samsung Vietnam trims export target by US$5.8 billion on Covid-19
Vietnam gov’t waives taxes to boost economic recovery
More than 340 Vietnamese citizens brought home from Taiwan
May 30: Newest Covid-19 patient in Vietnam is 1-year-old child
Singapore PM congratulates Vietnam on handling of Covid-19
Predictable legal environment to help Vietnam attract FDI post Covid-19: NTT Data Vietnam CEO
Scorching heat strikes Hanoi with temperature surging to 40 degrees Celsius
Hanoi to build sewage collection system to revive its dying river
More monetary easing measures still to come in Vietnam: Fitch
Iconic lakes in Hanoi