Red flags and banners color Hanoi on National Day
The Hanoitimes - Celebration activities will take place until September 4.
Streets in the capital city of Hanoi are decorated with national flags, colorful flowers, banners and slogans to celebrate the 75th anniversary of the August Revolution and the National Day (September 2, 1945 – September 2, 2020).
Large poster with the slogan “Warmly celebrating the 75th anniversary of the August Revolution and the National Day” hung in outdoor lamp posts.
Hoang Dieu street turns red with banners.
Flowers and flags are also being hung around the Ba Dinh Square to celebrate the National Day.
A large poster on the intersection of Thanh Nien and Quan Thanh roads with slogan praising the August Revolution and Independence Day.
Slogans on display on Doc Lap street, Ba Dinh district.
Trang Tien street leading to the August Revolution Square in Hoan Kiem district.
A billboard displaying the image of President Ho Chi Minh reading the Declaration of Independence, located on Xa Dan street, Dong Da district.
Shops selling national flags, shirts and hats in red, the traditional color in this occasion.
According to the plan, activities to disseminate the Independence will take place until September 4. Activities requiring large concentration are not expect to be held to comply with anti-Covid measures.
Photos: Ngoc Tu - Thanh Hai (Kinh te & Do thi)
- Hanoi Old Quarter tinged with spectacular reddish hues during Mid-Autumn Festival
- Colorful Hanoi’s street with mid-autumn toys and decorations
- Long Bien bridge - witness of Hanoi's history
- Flag raising ceremony in Ba Dinh Square to mark National Day
- Hanoi village famous for making national flags in past 7 decades
- Red flags and banners color Hanoi on National Day
- Free face mask ATMs in Hanoi help needy people combat Covid-19
- Hanoi on first day of enforcing social distancing at eateries, bars
- Danang’s second field hospital completed, ready to treat Covid-19 patients
- Hanoi conducts rapid Covid-19 tests on returnees from Danang
Vietnam president attends Army Party Congress
How Vietnam could stamp out second wave of coronavirus
Renewables are solution to Vietnam's power thirst
Urgent steps needed for Vietnam to attract high quality FDI
Apple partner Pegatron mulls US$1-billion investment in hi-tech projects in Vietnam
Hanoi’s weekend pedestrian streets allowed to reopen from September 18
European investors propose US$1 billion logistics project in Vietnam
Vietnam says ASEAN doesn’t want to get trapped between competition of major powers
Vietnam launches advisory message to prevent Covid-19 spread