Retail market attracts foreign investors
The Hanoitimes - Thailand's media on August 26 has carried news articles saying Viet Nam's retail market is reeling in more foreign investors, including Thai and Japanese companies.
The Nation (newspaper) has reported that Thai and Japanese companies have found potentiality in the large market of Viet Nam while big retailers in the region are being drawn in the country.
Vice Chairman of Berli Jucker, Mr. Phidsanu Pongwatana has regarded the Vietnamese market a highly potential destination for the retailing industry
Berli Jucker plans to open 100 "B'marts" across Viet Nam next year and 300 others by 2015.
Although the traditional commerce still dominates in South East Asia, modern retailers are urgently expanding their markets. They have noticed a lot of potential to exploit in Viet Nam.
At present, there are about 800 modern trading stores in Viet Nam.
In Asia - Pacific, the growth rate of convenience stores is around 12-15%. In Viet Nam, the annual growth of consumer goods trading value is around 23%.
- Half of Japan firms planning to diversify supply chains pick Vietnam: Abe Shinzo
- Samsung plans to shift Chinese PC production to Vietnam: Nikkei
- 5,000 more S.Korean experts, businesspeople waiting to enter Vietnam
- Actual FDI in Vietnam down 4% to US$10.12 billion in 7 months
- Vietnam gov’t to offer extraordinary incentives for high-impact FDI projects
- Regional countries shocked at Japanese firms choosing Vietnam as investment destination: JETRO
- Vietnam remains selective in attracting FDI projects
- US$10 billion offshore wind power project to be developed central Vietnam
- Vietnam gov't to consider new power development plan later this year
- Vietnam urged to be cautious about Chinese investment
PM urges Hanoi to soon achieve upper-middle income level status
August 8: Coronavirus infections in Vietnam exceed 800
Cuba donates antiviral drug to help Vietnam cure Covid-19 patients
Hanoi starts fining people for not wearing face masks in public
Vietnam stock market needs upgrading to emerging status soon: PM
ASEAN Summit in Hanoi expected to boost intra-regional economic links
Hanoi works closely with ADB to ensure progress of urban infrastructure projects
Vietnam Airlines retakes Jetstar Pacific from Qantas
Hanoi strives to ensure safe and stable investment environment for investors