Feb 20, 2014 / 13:00
Sapa covered by the white snow
Snow fall in Sa Pa creates wonderful natural scenery, attracting many tourists to visit and explore.
Located in north-west Vietnam, at an altitude of 1,600m above sea level, Sapa is one of the places where snow and ice appears the most in Vietnam.
According to preliminary statistics, from 1971 to 2011, snow fell 15 times in Sapa.
Most recently, on December 15, snow fell in the town of Sapa and lasted until the morning of December 16. Visitors could see snow in many areas around the town, such as the Heaven Gate, the Silver Waterfall, the Hoang Lien Son Mountain and the O Quy Ho Pass.
Going further into Y Ty commune in Bat Xat district, Lao Cai, tourists will feel better the beauty of snow, which cover the roads, the villages, the forest and the mountains here.
- Five gorgeous treehouses for the upcoming summer holidays
- National Tourism Year 2021: A “golden” opportunity for Ninh Binh tourism
- 50% Vietnamese travelers are willing to travel in May and June
- New Hanoi - Son La tour launched
- Vietnam among the best countries for retirement
- Vietnam is one among seven “lesser-known destinations to consider when it’s safe to travel again”: CNBC
- Hanoi promotes information technology application in tourism
- “Going Home” tour provides wildlife releasing for tourists
- Golden Bridge listed as a new wonder by UK’s press
- What Vietnamese Natural Reserve on the list of CNN’s fabulous tourist destinations?
Hanoi approves plan on free Covid-19 vaccination for local residents
Vietnam maps out scenarios against Covid-19 for national high school exam
First North-South expressway sub-project awarded under PPP format
1st death of Covid-19 vaccine in Vietnam
Panorama paintings show “The Battle of Dien Bien Phu”
Chinese nationals prosecuted for organizing illegal entry into Vietnam
Hanoi election head calls for voters’ responsibilities in casting ballots
Vaccinations will not lead to vacations
Exhibition “Secret Moments of Maikos”