Feb 20, 2014 / 13:00
Sapa covered by the white snow
The Hanoitimes - Snow fall in Sa Pa creates wonderful natural scenery, attracting many tourists to visit and explore.
Located in north-west Vietnam, at an altitude of 1,600m above sea level, Sapa is one of the places where snow and ice appears the most in Vietnam.
According to preliminary statistics, from 1971 to 2011, snow fell 15 times in Sapa.
Most recently, on December 15, snow fell in the town of Sapa and lasted until the morning of December 16. Visitors could see snow in many areas around the town, such as the Heaven Gate, the Silver Waterfall, the Hoang Lien Son Mountain and the O Quy Ho Pass.
Going further into Y Ty commune in Bat Xat district, Lao Cai, tourists will feel better the beauty of snow, which cover the roads, the villages, the forest and the mountains here.
- Domestic air travel surges in Vietnam
- Vietnamese enterprises build unique regional products to attract tourists
- Vietnamese people to travel confidently domestically: Google
- Vietnam’s Ha Long Bay listed among 50 most beautiful natural wonders: Insider
- Hanoi, HCMC among most popular travel destinations in Asia
- Leonardo DiCaprio calls for protection of Halong Bay’s sister in Vietnam
- Vietnam among first countries likely to reopen travel industry: WeSwap
- Vietnam is safe, hospitable country for travelers: Australia’s 7News
- Hanoi reopens museums and relic sites
- Vietnam on bucket list when Covid-19 is over: US travel magazine
August 9: Vietnam confirms 31 new coronavirus cases, 1 death
Ministry of Health supports Hanoi in rRT-PCR testing
Hanoi among leading localities having users of contact tracing app Bluezone
Hanoi mayor requests 'absolute safety' for national high school exams amid Covid-19 outbreak
Vietnam stock market needs upgrading to emerging status soon: PM
ASEAN Summit in Hanoi expected to boost intra-regional economic links
Hanoi works closely with ADB to ensure progress of urban infrastructure projects
Vietnam Airlines retakes Jetstar Pacific from Qantas
Hanoi strives to ensure safe and stable investment environment for investors