Feb 20, 2014 / 13:00
Sapa covered by the white snow
The Hanoitimes - Snow fall in Sa Pa creates wonderful natural scenery, attracting many tourists to visit and explore.
Located in north-west Vietnam, at an altitude of 1,600m above sea level, Sapa is one of the places where snow and ice appears the most in Vietnam.
According to preliminary statistics, from 1971 to 2011, snow fell 15 times in Sapa.
Most recently, on December 15, snow fell in the town of Sapa and lasted until the morning of December 16. Visitors could see snow in many areas around the town, such as the Heaven Gate, the Silver Waterfall, the Hoang Lien Son Mountain and the O Quy Ho Pass.
Going further into Y Ty commune in Bat Xat district, Lao Cai, tourists will feel better the beauty of snow, which cover the roads, the villages, the forest and the mountains here.
- Official ground-breaking and announcement ceremony for BRG Garden City project in Ha Nam
- Announcement ceremony for Chu Dau Ceramic Village tourist attraction
- Vietnam reaches target of welcoming 18 million foreign arrivals in 2019
- Why foreign tourists hesitate to spend big in Vietnam?
- Travel business earns exclusive rights to offer tours to Son Doong cave for 10 years
- Exploring singularities of 54 Vietnamese ethnic groups right in Hanoi
- Vietnam tourism earns two world’s leading titles for first time
- Foreign visitors to Vietnam marks record growth in November
ASEAN foreign ministers express concerns about South China Sea developments
Hanoi's Old Quarter flower market overwhelmed with lucky red color
Vietnam faces difficulty in raising funds for infrastructure
Bidding farewell to the Kitchen Gods, Vietnamese people offer them red carps
Vietnam targets to have 100,000 digital firms by 2030
Archbishop of Hanoi extends Tet greetings to municipal government
Connectivity to bolster Vietnam’s integration in global markets: WB
Vingroup suspends airline project
How Asia can ride the digital wave to spur financial development?