Sea Games kick-off run attracts 2,000 participants
This is an important event that marks the one-year countdown to the opening of the 31st SEA Games and the 11th ASEAN Paragames in 2021 to be hosted in Vietnam.
The kick-off program of the 31st SEA Games and the 11th ASEAN Paragames featured a short marathon around Hoan Kiem lake, Hanoi on November 21, attracting more than 2,000 participants.
The kick-off program was officially held at Ly Thai To Flower Garden, Hoan Kiem district, Hanoi.
|This is an important event which marks the one-year countdown to the opening of the 31st SEA Games and the 11th ASEAN Paragames in 2021 to be hosted in Vietnam.|
Delegates and organizers press the symbolic globes to kick off the program on November 21.
|At the event, the organizers also presented the 31st SEA Games and 11th Paragames' mascot – Saola (an endangered species in Central Vietnam) and the slogan “For a Stronger Southeast Asia.”|
Then, the delegates and more than 2,000 athletes run around Hoan Kiem lake.
Minister of Culture, Sports and Tourism and head of the organizing board of 31st SEA Games and 11th Paragames Nguyen Ngoc Thien; Hanoi People's Committee Chairman Chu Ngoc Anh; Standing Deputy Secretary of Hanoi Party Committee Nguyen Thi Tuyen also took part in the run.
In addition, 31 Harley – Davidson motorbikes representing the 31st SEA Games carrying the flags of 11 countries in Southeast Asia and the SEA Games flag parade around Hoan Kiem lake.
The two brother athletes Quach Cong Lich and Quach Thi Lan posed with the symbol of the 31st SEA Games for a photo.
The two national athletes Dinh Thi Bich and Nguyen Thi Huyen run for the program.
The athletes run around Hoan Kiem lake, the heart of Hanoi
Many athletes are excited and said they are preparing for the 31st SEA Games
The athletes' joy on November 21 when attending the program.
- Vietnam’s beauty revealed through lens of Japanese photographer
- Transformer booths in Hanoi decorated with anti-Covid-19 paintings
- Second makeshift hospital in Bac Giang ready to receive Covid-19 patients
- Osaka blossom adds vibrancy of Hanoi streets
- Hanoi: Men rushed to have hair-cut before barbershops close
- General election day at Dong Tam ward
- Hanoi streets and alleys tinged with red flag to celebrate the national election
- Public buildings in Hanoi brightly colored in red
- Streets of Hanoi brightened up to welcome the national election
- Lagerstroemia tinges Hanoi streets with purple color
Expats show positive sentiment on fight against Covid-19 in Vietnam
EU expects to build university in Hanoi
Successful general election demonstrates people’s solidarity: Hanoi Party chief
Hanoi’s specialty: Westlake Lotus Tea
15th ADMM commits to peace and stability in South China Sea
First English-Vietnamese bilingual books introduced in the US
Hanoians visit market early for Doan Ngo Festival’s food
Hanoi seeks ideas for cultural industry development
National cultural heritage photography contest debuts