Senior officials prepare for ASEAN Defense Ministers Meeting
The Hanoitimes - Officials discuss new concepts and standard operations for the ASEAN Defense Ministers' Meeting (ADMM) and ADMM Plus next month.
Representatives of 10 Southeast Asian countries have gathered for an online meeting to prepare for the 14th ASEAN Defense Ministers’ Meeting (ADMM) and the 7th ADMM Plus in December.
Defense officials of ASEAN member states at ADSOM. Photo: Nguyen Hai
On November 16-19, defense officials of ASEAN member states will work for the ASEAN Defense Senior Officials’ Meeting Working Group (ADSOM WG) held in Hanoi on November 16, the ASEAN Defense Senior Officials’ Meeting (ADSOM) on November 17, ADSOM+ WG on November 18 and the ADSOM+ on November 19.
The meetings are aimed to exchange views on new concepts and standard operations of ADMM, a three-year operational plan for ADMM during 2020-2022, and draft declarations of the 14th ADMM and the 7th ADMM Plus.
Under the chair of Deputy Defense Minister and head of ADSOM Vietnam, Senior Lieutenant General Nguyen Chi Vinh, ASEAN members have maintained multilateral cooperation as reflected through a wide range of events held in the year.
Main topics of the meetings remain enhancing practical defense cooperation and fighting against Covid-19 among ASEAN member states.
Since February 2020, the armies have made joint efforts to combat the pandemic by issuing “Joint Statement of the ASEAN Defense Ministers on Defense Cooperation against Disease Outbreaks” at the ASEAN Defense Ministers’ Meeting Retreat (ADMM Retreat) and the online table-top exercise (TTX) on Covid-19 response among ASEAN member states’ military medical forces.
- How Vietnam weathers global health crisis and rises?
- Vietnam among most resilient economies in Covid-19
- JICA intensifies assistance to Vietnam in fight against Covid-19
- O’Brien visit to Vietnam, Philippines shows US commitment in South China Sea
- US, Vietnam share deep commitment to rules-based principles: O’Brien
- Trade plays central role in Vietnam-US relations: PM Phuc
- O’Brien meets with Vietnamese government leaders in Hanoi
- US National Security Advisor discusses broad range of security issues in Hanoi
- US National Security Advisor O'Brien to visit Vietnam today
- Senior officials prepare for ASEAN Defense Ministers Meeting
Hanoi targets to have 10 logistics centers
Hoan Kiem lake - the heart of Hanoi
Hanoi pushes for cooperation with peers to boost domestic consumption
Snapshots of beautiful West lake in Hanoi
Hanoi completes traffic infrastructure to develop satellite urban areas: Official
Close-up of first train of Hanoi’s second metro line put on rails
Apple partner Pegatron mulls US$1-billion investment in hi-tech projects in Vietnam
Hanoi’s weekend pedestrian streets allowed to reopen from September 18
European investors propose US$1 billion logistics project in Vietnam